cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping labels

Getting USPS error message when printing labels. 2nd day now, can’t generate label. Anyone else seeing this message? 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Shipping labels

It seems USPS website is experiencing issues at this time.  

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Yes, I am also.  No post from Ebay on this issue.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@2ndseason @neatthings4you 

Even though I see USPS is experiencing issues I purchased a label just to see what will happen. 
I was able to print my USPS Media Mail label with no issues. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@2ndseason wrote:

Yes, I am also.  No post from Ebay on this issue.

They don't usually post on this forum on the weekends.

There's a banner on the label page that USPS is experiencing issues. You can go to pirateship.com if you want to get your labels purchased now. They offer USPS and UPS and should cover most sellers' needs.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

Even though I see USPS is experiencing issues I purchased a label just to see what will happen. 
I was able to print my USPS Media Mail label with no issues. 

Yesterday reports from sellers were mixed - some could print the label and some couldn't complete the purchase.

I'd be concerned about even attempting it. A couple weeks ago we saw an issue with USPS's system and for some sellers it resulted in prematurely reused tracking numbers that wouldn't pick up new scans @ebooksdiva . Big mess for those sellers.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Yesterday i printed labels without any issues. The banner was there saying the PO was having some problems. All it said was to try again later if it did not work but mine printed.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@wastingtime101 

Thanks for the heads up. Label is all good tracking says label created today with estimated date of delivery that matches the order details.  

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

The problem seems to be affecting some, not others as indicated by the banner. But yeah, that issue from 2 weeks ago would have me double check the tracking of any label you successfully generate today. 😉

Since the issue is with USPS, not eBay, sellers may have difficulty anywhere they try to purchase labels, although pirateship.com has not reported issues yet so that might be a good option to try.

20231029-uspserrors.png

GLORIOUS!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply