cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up account for shipping to Canada?

I can't figure out how to fix settings so I can sell from NY state to Canada but no other internationals.

I'm in Managed payments - I have my shipping preferences set up to exclude all regions except North America.  Looking at those, all the other regions have a CHECK beside them, while North America has a -   (a minus/dash) beside that.  Then, Within North America I have checked all the other countries I want to exclude and left the box beside Canada BLANK/unchecked.    

In my actual listing, I've got the same - checked to exclude ALL countries, except I left the box beside Canada blank/unchecked because I want to include, not exclude it.

What am I doing wrong ?  I have a bidder trying to buy an item and he keeps getting "Seller Does not ship to your location."  

I am NOT in the Global shipping thing - I do not want to be in that.  I would much rather handle the international shipping myself.  Please don't recommend that to me.  THANK YOU for any assistance !!!

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@pjcdn2005  Thanks again for the "best answer" here - !  My problem was I needed to use a setting that had to be done before anything that anyone here was recommending.  From your answers I realized I needed to "enable international shipping" but did not know where to find that. 

Thanks to your suggestions I realized I needed to look for SHIPPING OPTIONS and finally found it - teeny tiny, way way off to the right and nowhere near any other choices to click, on the listing form I was using.  

Kind regards !!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 22 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Looks like you forgot to actually put a Canadian shipping option on your listings, as I only see Domestic shipping on the ones I looked at.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

On your listing page you have to enable the international shipping option and choose a service to ship to Canada. First class international is usually good for items under 4 lbs.  I think that when you put in an international option it will specify worldwide so click on the arrow next to that, check off destination and then check off Canada.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

I'm having the same issue. 

I have a Canadian buyer, and I don't know how to ship to the buyer.

I'm following what  one of your responders says to do., and I think I got it. 

Now...How are we as sellers covered?

TIA

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Nope...my revision to include Canada doesn't seem to be working

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

@jimw1776  Did the buyer already purchase the item?  If so, click on Send Invoice and add a Canadian option so he can pay.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

If you are shipping on your own, you are basically covered the same as if you had shipped domestically.

What are you doing when you try to add Canada?

Click on calculated or flat rate.

Under international shipping click on add services

Choose a service such as first class international parcel. Save

Click on the arrow next to worldwide

Click on destination

Click on Canada

Click on Done

Then mark whether you want to ship flat rate or calculated. If you are using a flat rate than you have to enter a price. If you are using calculated and already using if for domestic, you shouldn't have to do anything else.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

rfmtm, I didn't "forget" to add Canada - I am trying to figure out how to "add" International Shipping to my listings.  There is "Domestic Shipping" with choices, but NO "International Shipping" at all.  There IS a section for "International Returns" and for Excluding countries -- but NO place to state I want to ship internationally.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

What is confusing me is that when setting up a listing there is a heading for DOMESTIC SHIPPING" but there is no heading for INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING (no place to enable it).  Even when I start from a brand new listing format.  If I can figure out how (...WHERE...) to enable international shipping I will be ok.   I do a lot of "sell similar" listings, but I started from a brand new, unused new listing format and I can't find the "enable international" choice - on EITHER form.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 - On the listing page I am using, regardless of whether its a "sell similar" or a brand new form, there isn't any "Enable International shipping" choice.  There is only the DOMESTIC SHIPPING and then below that there is  a place to EXCLUDE foreign countries.  You're describing choosing which country to ship to, not which to exclude -- this is not what I am seeing at all on the form.  This is silly, I've been on ebay for years and this has me stymied.  I don't know how the "form" can be wrong, because I've listed all kinds of items.  And like I said, going to Seller Hub and starting a whole brand new listing with the form that appears from there, there is NO "Enable International Shipping" on it.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

@rfmtm- No, the buyer didn't purchase the item. He was trying to and kept getting errors that "Seller does not ship to your location."   Which was strange because I thought that by checking off ALL the other countries to EXCLUDE (meaning including Canada, not excluding it) then Canadian people would be able to bid.  But NO. 

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

@timestreasuresllc 

On the form I'm using, directly across from shipping are two arrows that say 'see shipping option'.  If you click on those you will see an option to turn on international shipping.

Do you see that? There is another listing form that I have never used so I don't know if you will see the same thing.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

OK - THANK ALL OF YOU!!  for helping - I think I GOT IT -- below the DESCRIPTION then PRICING is SHIPPING and off to the right is a very small --SHIPPING OPTIONS that I haven't ever noticed before.

I clicked on SHIPPING OPTIONS and there is the place to enable International Shipping !!!   There are some other choices but this got me where I needed. 

Thanks so much - I had thought I was OK but obviously I missed this step, which you helped me realize and find. 

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Sorry for the delay in response.  No, item not purchased.  They just asked if I shipped to Canada

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

If you do have an actual sale to Canada , use Pirateship and ask for the special export rate.  It much cheaper than here and it is via USPS.  There is full integration from eBay.    Good luck 😁

Message 15 of 23
latest reply