cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping & Insurance Advice when shipping an expensive item

I have an item that I plan to list soon that should sell for several hundred dollars....not my typical sales amount!  I would be using USPS to ship.  What is your advice on insurance, sending it certified mail, etc.?  Thanks for sharing your experience & wisdom!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Shipping & Insurance Advice when shipping an expensive item

eBay's seller protection policy requires Signature Confirmation for transactions over $750. This is just an upgrade of regular USPS tracking; it's not the same as Certified Mail. You can purchase it as part of purchasing your online postage.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

eBay's seller protection policy requires Signature Confirmation for transactions over $750. This is just an upgrade of regular USPS tracking; it's not the same as Certified Mail. You can purchase it as part of purchasing your online postage.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

There is very little protection against eBay Fraud.  My concern is that the buyer will receive your several hundred dollars item and open an "Item Not As Described" case.  eBay will refund to the buyer, your several hundred dollars and the buyer keeps your expensive item or send you back junk. 

I am not sure insurance will cover your loss.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply