cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Discounts Not Going to Buyers - Ground Advantage

Previously, I used to offer parcel select since it was the most economical for the buyer and in turn moved my inventory fastest.  Two weeks after the roll out of ground advantage I realized my sales were only around 50% of my May and June sales.  Then I noticed a buyer paid 34 dollars to ship a radio, but it only cost me 19 dollars to purchase the label due to eBay applied discount.  No wonder why my sales tanked, ground advantage suddenly doubled my shipping fees on some of my items.  

I edited my shipping preferences to offer my same discounts to the buyer hoping it would revert shipping fees back closer to that of parcel select's but unfortunately discovered the buyers were still getting insane overcharges.  It appeared that the discount was not translating to the buyer properly.  Last week I called customer service and the service agent tested it himself, putting one of my items in his cart.  eBay calculated it would cost him 90 dollars to ship but would only cost 43 dollars for me to purchase the label.  The service agent confirmed that my settings were correct and that the discounts should be getting transferred to the buyer but that there may be a backend technical issue.  The agent assured me IT would look into it and hopefully resolve the issue and apply the discounts to the buyers.

It has been about five days now and I have heard nothing back from them.  Not only is this really hurting my sales, I feel badly for the few customers I do get having to pay such ridiculous shipping fees.  Has anyone been experiencing this issue?  Does anyone have the discounts to the buyer that is working properly with ground advantage?  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Sorry for the rather lengthy post and I appreciate any input.  

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Shipping Discounts Not Going to Buyers - Ground Advantage

The Help page about sharing carrier discounts points out that "changes you make only apply to new or edited listings where a shipping cost applies."  So a minor bulk edit should get your current active listings onboard.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Not sure what the CS person saw but I checked a few items.

I looked at your listings and the shipping costs to me seemed to be correct.

Most of the CS is in another country so you would only see the shipping cost to the US hub not the complete shipping cost. Im not sure if that was the disconnect.

All I can suggest is to double check the weights and sizes on your items.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Interesting, so would you suggest going into every single listing and tinkering with the shipping specs to have the discounts then apply?  This is what it states on the shipping preference/discount page:

5teeeve_0-1690152763229.png

The bottom line (which I highlighted terribly on my track pad) seems to suggest that changing the settings will apply them globally to all of my existing listings?  Thanks again for your input

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for looking into this.

I sold two items today and both cases the buyer paid more for shipping than I did for the label.  I was provided discounts on the label by purchasing through eBay.  All I want is for those discounts to be translated to the buyer.  My settings appear to be set up so that the buyer should be getting the discount, but they are not.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

That footnote on the Preferences page is inconsistent with the message on the Help page.  If editing is necessary, you can do some sort of global edit in Hub, you don't have to go into every listing.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply