cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ship By date for weekend sales

Apologies if I am just now waking up to something that's been true for a long time, but I noticed today that my weekend sales now have a Tuesday ship by date.  I am not complaining as it was always a struggle for me to ship on Monday for sales made late Sunday evening (I don't drive so rely on Post Office pick up and don't always have a Monday pick up scheduled before I hit the sack Sunday evening).  Is this new or am I just now noticing?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Ship By date for weekend sales

So do you have a same day or 1-day handling time or is it 2-day?

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I have 1-day handling on these items.  

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I have one day handling.

If I sell an item on Friday, I have until midnight Pacific time Monday to ship.

If I sell an item on Saturday or Sunday, I have until midnight Pacific time Tuesday to ship, because it's considered a Monday sale. Weekends aren't considered business days, therefore they don't count.

For a Friday sale, one full business day would be EOD Monday. For a weekend sale, one full business day would be EOD Tuesday.  I ship on Saturdays, so it really doesn't affect me, but if for some reason I couldn't ship on a Saturday, it would be no big deal.

It's always been this way.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote: ... If I sell an item on Saturday or Sunday, I have until midnight Pacific time Tuesday to ship ... For a Friday sale, one full business day would be EOD Monday. For a weekend sale, one full business day would be EOD Tuesday....It's always been this way.

It has never been that way.  

One-day handling means that you ship on the next business day.  If you are paid on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, then the next business day is Monday.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/calculating-shipping-costs-and-handling-time.html#m17-...

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect 

Yes, that is exactly what I have been told in the past and the same link was posted.  That's why I have been surprised (since Sept. 1) to see the deadline for next day shipping for weekend purchases to now show Tuesday at midnight.

Handling time is measured in business days—weekends and holidays don't count.

The handling-time clock begins when you receive payment from your buyer and ends when your carrier scans the package.

Each day ends at 11:59:59pm. In the case of 1-day handling, if an item is purchased on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday Pacific Time, it needs to have an acceptance scan by Monday at 11:59:59pm PT.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Well either there has been a change in policy (and the Help page is incorrect) or eBay's programmers have made some sort of error in how they figure weekends.  Given their long history of problems with recognizing holidays, I suspect that they have messed up their calendars.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect 

HEY!  How did you get to that help page?  I went looking for it recently by using the "Help & Contact" at the top of the page and then typing in Handling Time.  I got a bunch of policy on handling returns, shipping etc, but NOT those pages you linked to. 

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@southern*sweet*tea wrote: ... If I sell an item on Saturday or Sunday, I have until midnight Pacific time Tuesday to ship ... For a Friday sale, one full business day would be EOD Monday. For a weekend sale, one full business day would be EOD Tuesday....It's always been this way.

It has never been that way.  

One-day handling means that you ship on the next business day.  If you are paid on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, then the next business day is Monday.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/calculating-shipping-costs-and-handling-time.html#m17-...

hmmm, interesting.  I have one day handling and every weekend sale I've ever had says ship by Tuesday (I think. To be honest I've never paid attention because I ship on Saturday)

I know for same day handling time, a weekend sale would show to ship Monday, so why would a one day handling time say to ship Monday as well?

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote: ... for same day handling time, a weekend sale would show to ship Monday, so why would a one day handling time say to ship Monday as well?

Same-day handing converts to next business day if it's paid after your cutoff time.  So if your cutoff time is 2 PM, then any payment after 2 PM on Friday would miss your same-day deadline and would need to be shipped on Monday.   

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@no_zero369 wrote:

@nobody*s_perfect 

HEY!  How did you get to that help page? .... 

I bookmarked it long go before the latest terrible reformatting of the Help pages.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Oh jeez!  Perfect!  Just PERFECT!  laughing

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

hmmm, interesting.  I have one day handling and every weekend sale I've ever had says ship by Tuesday (I think. To be honest I've never paid attention because I ship on Saturday)

I know for same day handling time, a weekend sale would show to ship Monday, so why would a one day handling time say to ship Monday as well?

I am located in California, Pacific time.  I have a 1-day handling time.  Any sale I have on a Friday/Saturday/Sunday, ebay tells me to upload tracking by Monday, 12 midnight.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

The Tuesday thing is a glitch - I also have 1 day shipping and it has been coming up on my sales also, but it is wrong, you have to ship on Monday. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 14 of 14
latest reply