cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers that state their items reside and ship from the US!

I have noticed an increased number of sellers that state their items reside and are being shipped from the United States. Shortly after winning an auction or via Buy-It-Now and paying, I am being charged with undisclosed foreign duty fees! Not to mention the lengthy and bogus shipping time! As well as ... In regards to clothing, sellers are claiming their items are US Sizes. Once received, it is clearly obvious they are not! These sellers are counting on buyers not initiating returns due to the hassle. These are fraudulent and unacceptable foreign seller practices that eBay needs to address !!! Buyer protection has seriously diminished!!!
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Sellers that state their items reside and ship from the US!

@csdevil wrote:
These sellers are counting on buyers not initiating returns due to the hassle. These are fraudulent and unacceptable foreign seller practices that eBay needs to address !!! Buyer protection has seriously diminished!!!

Doing SNAD's , reporting sellers for policy violations, leaving appropriate feedback, will help to discourage bad seller practices.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

It is a policy violation to misrepresent Item Location.  There is a REPORT ITEM on every listing.  Right side, just above the item number.

1-ebay-Item Location MISREPRESENTED.PNG

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

How are you being charged duty fees shortly after paying?   Unless the item is over $800 you shouldn't even have duty fees and those would be charges once it came into the US not shortly after Payin. If sellers are making you pay more after you've paid don't do that 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

1) what country the seller is located in - ie, China -you can see that if you look at their Feedback Profile page.
2) Where their items are located - ie, "Item Location" on the listing. Many China sellers store their inventory in U.S. warehouses, so they can legitimately show their items as being in the U.S.
But...they're taking advantage of that now - luring in unsuspecting buyers that only see the U.S. Item Location, then shipping from China instead.
You do have immediate recourse as long as the listing shows a U.S. shipping location, and you have tracking showing it is shipping from China.

From eBay:

Buyers can open a Return request prior to receiving an item, even in this situation. They will need to wait the normal 3 business day wait period before they can ask us to step in. At that point, we'll check for proof of item location misrepresentation, which will likely be from tracking information or member to member messages. If we can see that the item shipped from a different country, we'll decide the case in the buyers favor.

I am not an eBay employee. I'm a US eBay Community Mentor.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Global forwarding service. They are liars, and scam you by mis-representing the true location. Dayton NJ is a location they use to "drop ship" from a US location. It is on the slow boat from China in reality.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

My research resulted in the same conclusion!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

My accounts have been automatically charged duty fees multiple times hours after I made payment.

All I have been able to do is contest those charges with my financial institution!

eBay NEEDS TO ADDRESS THIS IMMEDIATELY AND ISSUE ME MULTIPLE REFUNDS !!!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply