cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller won't provide a return shipping label

I've requested to return a defective item and the seller accepted my request, but won't provide a return shipping label. I've tried contacting him, but he won't answer. I've called UPS and they said the seller needs to provide the label, otherwise I'll have to pay for the shipping. The shipping is 80$ and the item costs 250$. I can't escalate the problem to a case, because I don't have that option in the item return page. It says if I don't send the item within 7 days, my refund might be denied. What can I do and what are my options here?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Did you file the complaint with eBay or PayPal?

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

When the return was approved, what did ebay say about the return label?

you have to call customer service & tell them the seller hasn’t sent a label. If it was a domestic transaction a label should have been issued by eBay when the return was approved unless the seller indicated he would provide his own.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

So when the seller approved the return I got two messages. One is: "The seller accepted your return", the other ones is: "The seller can't send a return shipping label" and inside of the second one there's this text:

Seller ***seller*** let us know that they can't buy a return shipping label for you to use for ****product****.

The seller is still responsible for return shipping costs, so contact them to arrange return shipping.

I did contact the seller and he hasn't responded in some time. I haven't gotten any other messages. I did try contacting customer support and the phone bot told me all lines are busy, eBay will call. That was yesterday and I haven't gotten a call since. I tried calling again and again and again. Same thing.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

What do you mean file a complaint? I did open a case about returning the item, but since the seller accepted the return (but won't pay for shipping), eBay marks it resolved between me and the seller. And I have 7 days to send it, otherwise they might deny my refund. And by the looks of it no one will help me in these 7 days. But I don't see why I have to pay the shipping, when the seller did check the item before sending and maybe knew it was defective, but sent it anyways.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

@blackarrow14 wrote:

So when the seller approved the return I got two messages. One is: "The seller accepted your return", the other ones is: "The seller can't send a return shipping label" and inside of the second one there's this text:

Seller ***seller*** let us know that they can't buy a return shipping label for you to use for ****product****.

The seller is still responsible for return shipping costs, so contact them to arrange return shipping.

I did contact the seller and he hasn't responded in some time. I haven't gotten any other messages. I did try contacting customer support and the phone bot told me all lines are busy, eBay will call. That was yesterday and I haven't gotten a call since. I tried calling again and again and again. Same thing.

Ok so ebay didn’t tell you to ask them to step in and help if the seller didn’t provide a label? If this is an international transaction, a label won’t be issued. You have to keep calling eBay or send a message to their Facebook page. 

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

I see that you are registered in Denmark. Is that where the package was sent? If so, then the seller really is not able to purchase a label but still must provide the funds to you to purchase one. He would do this by sending a Paypal payment to you using Goods and Services.

The kicker is in getting your seller to do that. You have to keep trying to contact eBay to make him send you the money or they will refund your purchase. Try Facebook, Twitter if you can't get them on the telephone.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

if you know how much is return shipping,send him a Paypal money request.

He could ignor it,not much you can do.

before you buy from overseas seller ,make sure y ou understand they cant send you a label from Denmark if they are not in Denmark

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@casey768 wrote:

before you buy from overseas seller ,make sure y ou understand they cant send you a label from Denmark if they are not in Denmark

There is plenty the OP can and should do. He’ll get a refund if the seller doesn’t send a label or the money via PP. 

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@missjen831 wrote:

@casey768 wrote:

There is plenty the OP can and should do. He’ll get a refund if the seller doesn’t send a label or the money via PP. 

I just filed a case of INAD with Ebay ,Chinese seller sent a shirt in an envelope and it was damaged,I will see what happens?

Put lime in the coconut and call me in the morning !
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@missjen831 wrote:

@casey768 wrote:

What happens if the seller sends the OP the money for the shipping and then the OP just keeps the money and the item and never returns it? I've seen this situation mentioned before in posts here but no one ever came back with what the final resolution was.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

What happens if the seller sends the OP the money for the shipping and then the OP just keeps the money and the item and never returns it? I've seen this situation mentioned before in posts here but no one ever came back with what the final resolution was.

---------------

if money is sent via Paypal goods and services,someone suggested filing item not received with Paypal,since there is no shipment,seller gets his moneyback!!!!!!!

seller would also get his item payment released when the case closed since buyer never upload tracking and seller never get his item back.

of course buyer can return a box of garbage with tracking and win

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@readabouthorses wrote:

@missjen831 wrote:

@casey768 wrote:

The seller files an INR with PayPal if the seller was smart enough to send the money via friends and family payment. Green-night has successfully done this. 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Actually, OP, I believe the title of your thread is a bit misleading.  It isn't that you "seller won't provide a return shipping label" but rather that they can't provide one.  

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I couldn't disagree more with you. The carrier he used to deliver the goods to me was UPS. UPS is everywhere, literaly. And I called my local UPS and he just has to provide a shipping label / tracking number / UPS user id and they'll send it back.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply