cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller shipped wrong item. Advertised as shipped from the U.S, but different return addy.

The summary of the report for the wrong item "Here's what happened" shows some information about the reason for the return request, comments, and order number.

However, at the very end of the report, there is an address which is in a different country (Vietnam). When I placed the order originally, I noticed the tracking number was not coming up with any results, and they stated it was "normal" and they didn't really use a tracking number, and it was a third party.

The shipping label on the packet just has a (looked it up) invalid address in the U.S. in the middle of nowhere, and not even in the same state the seller claimed the item was shipping from.  The seller now wants me to return the item back to Vietnam.

The item was delivered at my post office in my country (Mexico), and it took my post office over 2 weeks to notify me about a parcel available due to COVID, so I no longer have any other options to dispute.

What are my options here? Paypal dispute?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Seller shipped wrong item. Advertised as shipped from the U.S, but different return addy.

you have 30 days from delivery to dispute on ebay.com

Go to transaction and open a return request,scroll down to pick a not as described reason n and if seller does not accept and provide a return label use the ask ebay to step in link when available in the return request

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Re: Seller shipped wrong item. Advertised as shipped from the U.S, but different return addy.

I understand that, it took me over 2 weeks to be able to pick it up due to numerous reasons out of my control, so by the time I picked it up (today), it had been past 30 days from the date stamped on the package as received, which might as have been days or weeks after it was actually received.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@aguilared wrote:
it had been past 30 days from the date stamped on the package as received

Regardless that date stamped on the package, and given that the tracking number was not coming up with any results, what date, if any, does eBay show your item was delivered?

If no date is shown, perhaps because there's no tracking, then for a buyer and a seller in different countries, eBay considers the last estimated delivery date as 30 days after payment. So you must be past that date, real or imagined, because eBay allowed you to start a return request.

And now that your seller seems to have approved your return request, you are stuck with no way to Ask eBay to step in, and with 21 business days, if you're still eligible for the eBay Money Back Guarantee, to return the item, even though your seller has not issued a prepaid international return label, neither to US nor Vietnam. If that's what happened, then send a private message with your eBay ID, name, etc. to eBay on Facebook or Twitter and ask eBay to step in.

https://ip1.i.lithium.com/c946bd98eac944d7b6c44c7140c02b9ffcefdbaf/687474703a2f2f696d616765732e7765736572762e6e6c2f3f75726c3d636f6d6d756e6974792e656261792e636f6d2f74352f696d6167652f736572766572706167652f696d6167652d69642f3631363734326938413146424435363130344444453345

Message 4 of 4
latest reply