cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller sent wrong item and won't admit it! Says it's MY mistake after I wrote excellent feedback!

1. I purchased  7 cushion covers but none were same as in the photo. They were similar, so I accepted them and wrote them that they should state that buyer will not get exactly as in photo.

2. One, however, was completely the wrong colour. I sent a photo at sellers request and he kindly agreed to replace it.

3. Therefore I wrote a good feedback report. Case closed!

4. Then I got the replacement and it was the completely wrong colour again!

5. I wrote to the seller but he ignored me.

6. I wrote again after a week and said I will contact eBay if he does not resolve the problem.

7. He wrote me a rude message saying it's MY mistake!

8. The problem is, I cannot find a way to report it to eBay because there is no open case, the items were well received, and therefore I cannot resolve the issue.

9. My feeling is, the seller knows that I cannot get through to eBay now! And he got his good feedback!

10. And so, the seller can continue in this way - and get away with it...  but the buyer is stuck 😞

Seems eBay leaves buyers out in the cold without ability to resolve issue...  

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Seller sent wrong item and won't admit it! Says it's MY mistake after I wrote excellent feedback

@yonatashake_0wrote:

Thank you but it's not the money! I want the correct colour, that's all I want...

The whole point of my post here was to try to understand why I cannot get eBay to help me get the right colour - the colour I paid for - and not get a refund. 

eBay can't force any seller to ship anything, they don't have any enforcers that they send to the delinquent seller's house to threaten them until the seller somehow materializes the exact item you want out of thin air and mails it to you.

We understand that you are disappointed, and you have the right to be. But expecting the impossible is only going to get yourself upset. Take the money, move on, and find a better seller.

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

Re: Seller sent wrong item and won't admit it! Says it's MY mistake after I wrote excellent feedback

God forbid! I did not expect eBay to "threaten" the seller. I do think, however, that eBay should know that the seller was rude to me for no reason after he sent the completely wrong colour - twice! I do not want the money. The seller has lost as well. We have both lost... and that is sad.

Such a waste of time too! Yes, there are plenty of good sellers, no problem... 

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

If I remember correctly from your previous posts, you were willing to accept the items he sent you even though not correct EXCEPT for 1 because it didn't match the others.  He allowed you to keep the incorrect one and sent another~~which you say is incorrect as well.  You left the seller glowing feedback for the items you received and you were  willing to keep and accept.  So~~now you have 1 incorrect item and an incorrect freebie and the others you were happy to keep??  Just buy one to match the ones you have & were happy to accept  from another seller as I'm sure you won't be able to buy from this seller ever again.  Easy.

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

@yonatashake_0wrote:

Thank you but it's not the money! I want the correct colour, that's all I want...

The whole point of my post here was to try to understand why I cannot get eBay to help me get the right colour - the colour I paid for - and not get a refund. 

We must accept those things which we do not have the ability to change.

Message 19 of 29
latest reply

No, you are wrong AND you miss the point. Of course I don’t want the wrong items but it’s not for me to pay to return them. He admitted his mistake but made the mistake twice. . . The point is, if you can understand this at all, is I chose a particular colour - for a reason. I can’t put poopy brown or scarlet red on my couch. Maybe you cannot understand interior design and aesthetics but usually one chooses colours and designs that one loves to have in your house. I emphasized to the seller that I WANT to return them. This is 200% his mistake !

Message 20 of 29
latest reply

You are so right! Best advice ever! 

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

Your seller is NOT asking for them back~~he doesn't want to pay the return shipping so he is allowing you to keep the 2 incorrect ones.  YOU want to return them but he doesn't want them.  If you are so set on returning them you have to pay the return shipping.  It still isn't going to result in you getting the ones you want.  Donate them or give them away if you don't want them and look for the one you want from another seller~~this seller can't be the ONLY one on ebay selling it. 

If you can't find the one you want contact the company where they came from directly and purchase from them.  Maybe they will exchange all the incorrect ones for the ones you want.

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

I strongly suspect - with no proof at all - that your seller in the US ordered the right color for you from his supplier in India.  The person in India didn't care because he/she has a super low-paying job sending out these orders and just threw some pillows in the box to ship.  That person may not have even understood the language that stated the color.  It might even have been a young child doing the work. 

And I'm sure you already know, there are literally millions of eBay sellers from all over the world, and the huge majority of them do a good job of selling and shipping with only an occasional error, since no one is ever perfect.  Don't let one problem purchase, one nasty seller,  drive you away.  Any and all other venues also make occasional mistakes and have some jerky people filling orders and communicating with customers.   

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 23 of 29
latest reply

You don't always get what you want
Message 24 of 29
latest reply

That's sad, if it is so. I certainly get the feeling someone doesn't care... to make the same mistake twice...! Thank you for your input.

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

Well you should on eBay 🙂 

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

I hear what you are saying and it's all true but one cannot always find exactly what one likes. I found what I like but then had to wait so long due to all the mess up, thinking problem was solved only to get the wrong item twice! It kind off messes up one's plans... What is sad, I get the feeling the seller does not  care and that maybe item colour does not even exist! In fact I have now scrapped my project because I have lost faith in the system. I cannot rely on nasty sellers; it's a total waste of time and money in the long run. I'll have something made locally and must move on...!

Thanks so much 😉 

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

I just want to add: not all sellers are nasty! This one was a waste of my time. Pity!
Message 28 of 29
latest reply

I do have to say you are right on that~~that seller totally wasted your time whether it was his fault or if it was his suppliers fault.  I only buy from the USA myself due to the fact things like this do happen.  I do sometimes order from China for my housemate who buys a lot of guitar stuff but so far that has worked fine with no problems.  I've told him and he understands totally that if there is a problem it's too bad~~he's stuck with it.  I'm not wasting my time filing cases or dealing with ebay regarding China sellers.

Message 29 of 29
latest reply