cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller sent package to wrong address

Hello.

I am very confused about my last purchase on eBay. I bought a laptop from seller with good rating . The delivery service was Fast'n'Free USPS. Seller sent me a package and a tracking number. i didnt recieve this item, but  i recieved notification from eBay about status of my order - delivered. I checked the tracking number, and it seems package was delivered to different person, even in different state.

I contacted the seller and he told me, that before sending, he recieve an e-mail with "my" new shipping adress, that i didnt send. 

This is very strange. How can he send a package at some adress from e-mail rather than to confirmed paypal adress? 

How do you think, will i recieve my money back. and what to do with this item? Still waiting 3 days before contacting eBay about my request.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

It sounds like your seller may have been the target of a scammer.

Some comb sold listings and will send a message saying they want it shipped to a different address.  They target brand new sellers.  The new seller may not realize that the message they received was from a totally different eBay member and just went along with it.

I feel sorry for the seller if this happened.

You should be covered as the seller has to prove delivery to the address on file.  Open an Item Not Received dispute. 

Now if for some strange reason someone actually logged onto your account and sent the message from your ID, eBay may deny your claim, but PayPal wouldn't.  Go the eBay route first.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Thanks for quick response. I just recieved a screenshots from seller where i can clearly see, that this "my new shipping adress" sent from different eBay member.  

How do you think can seller still return his laptop somehow?

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

That computer is gone.

The seller got scammed big time.  He lost his computer and will have no money for it.  He will need to follow up through law enforcement on his own.

You are still covered regardless.   Open the INR, you will win and be refunded.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Thank you, very sad news.

I have already opened the case, but selected option "i want item", because didnt know about a scam. Can i change my selection, or eBay will do it for me anyway?

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

@havr69wrote:

Thank you, very sad news.

I have already opened the case, but selected option "i want item", because didnt know about a scam. Can i change my selection, or eBay will do it for me anyway?

I don't believe you can change it, but it won't matter since the seller will likely not be able to produce the same laptop, and they'll end up having to refund.  

(I just hope they do it voluntarily within the timeframe and don't let it drag on past the deadline.  They'll lose the money AND still be billed the selling fees.)

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Your seller lost his item through not reading the rules.  You won't get the computer, but you will get a refund.  This is such an obvious scam, I cannot believe he thought you would message from another account and try to pull this with the worst grammar and spelling.  Not to mention, sob stories are a scammer's goldmind.  Also, India is a hotbed for scams too.  Notice the name of the person it's getting sent to.

POsTiNg Id
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

That laptop is going to an apt above a deli in Brooklyn.

Hopefully the seller will research the address and retrieve the laptop with help from the Brooklyn PD.

They could nail them for fraud.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I'll be danged. It's a Georgia Russian Federation reshipper. Ships cargo for anyone that pays him.

About Us

Our offer:

• LTD “Mix Shop” represents the partner company of an American company GEO AMANATI COPR.

Our aim is:

• To ensure transporting your production/items in short terms and in good conditions from USA to Georgia.

We offer:

• To transport parcels from America to Georgia, as well as ordered by internet from Georgia also to transport goods by USA inhabitants. We serve both physical persons and corporate persons.

Confidentiality

Any type of information stored in the "MIX SHOP" database and the "customer" information is recorded in it, is confidential material. LTD "Mix Shop" does not provide the information to the third person if it is not requested by a state authority based on the request. The information is stored in the bases and is protected from external persons.

Just a thought but maybe you could give your seller this info. If he needs info more I can find it. I have bookmarked the site.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Look at line 2 of the address...it looks like it may be going to a reshipper.

Goes to the slow typing corner.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@havr69

Check your board Private Messages please.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@havr69 wrote:

Thanks for quick response. 

I got the same request to ship to the same address. I was able to see that the requester had a different name and I do ship to address upon request. The only address I ship to is the address provided in the winnin bid. Why can’t eBay fix this and catch these scammers? 

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

I Got the same thing. but i was stupid and I have a ebay member helping me to create a new lable. lost money and the camera. I never felt so stupid in my life.

@striker20122012 wrote:

@havr69 wrote:

Thanks for quick response. 

I got the same request to ship to the same address. I was able to see that the requester had a different name and I do ship to address upon request. The only address I ship to is the address provided in the winnin bid. Why can’t eBay fix this and catch these scammers? 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

I got scammed by this company as well. I typically keep my eyes wide open for scams, but I have been using eBay for YEARS without a problem, so I let my guard down and complied with what I thought was a honest request. Now eBay won't give me my money back and told me I have to go figure this out myself with the police. So much for eBay standing behind their customers... so very dissapointed in eBay for allowing this to continue to happen (with over 500 views on this post, it seems this company is affecting hundreds of eBay users). Of course, it's also sickening that scammers use people like this. This is my first time to be a victim. Sucks. eBay needs to get the FBI involved. Impersonation is illegal. Scamming is illegal. This is theft.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

It is theft, from a scammer..and sadly you fell for it..why would Ebay be obligated to give you your money back?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 15 of 17
latest reply