cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller says item was shipped but USPS tracking says otherwise

I purchased a  Uninterrupted Power System (UPS) from a seller on March 18. Nothing happened in terms of them sending it or even bothering to contact me to let me know if there was a delay.

I certainly understand what with everything going on so I waited until March 24 to contact them and I politely asked if they still had the item and if so were they planning to send it.

The seller replied they would be sending it out that afternoon and provided a USPS tracking number. They also said that they had under estimated the shipping cost (of which I paid, this was not free shipping) and that they had to make up the difference. It was supposedly sent Priority Mail.

Each day I check the tracking number (today is now the 27th) and it says only this:

• Mar 24, 2020
  • 12:42pm
  • Tracking number provided

My question is should I contact the seller again, wait another week, or ask ebay for assistance?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Seller says item was shipped but USPS tracking says otherwise

Wait until the expected delivery date. After 2-3 days, you should be able to open a INR case.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Actually expected delivery date was yesterday but considering everything going on I was willing to give them more time. if impossible to get to the PO I only ask that they let me know rather than wait seven days and only after I initiated contact.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I would give it a few more days. I don't know about other post offices, but mine is refusing to scan prepaid labels in due to the COVID-19 situation. The seller could of dropped it off and the package wasn't scanned anywhere yet.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Just happened to me. Customer can print there shipping label at home and the computer says it's shipped. They do that so they don't get bad shipping reviews for ebay.  Seller will dilly dally around until they get in the mood to drop the package at the P.O.  It's not considered shipped until it's in the control of the Post Office or Fedex. Look for the delivery date on your end and date you should have received your item. If your not satisfied have ebay step in and cancel the order.  

Message 5 of 5
latest reply