cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller refusing refund help?

Hello! I’m not a regular eBay buyer but I purchase items here and there (even some high value ones) and never had to return an item 

However I recently purchased an item and first issue I had was the seller taking a long time to ship (they said it was because they were out of the country) and I understood but they told me they’ll be sure the item will be delivered for Christmas (this was for myself not a gift so I didn’t mind about the time)

however when the item arrived last week, it was far more damaged than in pictures, had a gaint white mark, tons of scratches not noted in the eBay listing, a part of the handle was broken/damaged AND it had a heavy fragrance and almost musty smell to it, I contacted the seller and they told me to return it, so I opened up a return request through eBay , they accepted it and I shipped their item back to them.

the item was delivered and signed from them on Friday. Now the seller is refusing the refund and not responding to any messages. 

I can’t find any way to contact eBay on the return request. I’m so worried because I lost my money! What can I do? 
I paid via PayPal credit if that helps! 

thank you for your help

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I wonder what it (eBay) meant when it (eBay again) toed me @daw365 that the seller had 2 business days to refund, and then I @daw365 could ask it (yes, eBay) to step outside and force a refund?

item was delivered back to the seller.jpg

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

When you didn’t get your refund by the date given, you should have gone back into the details of the case you opened and told EBay. You would have been refunded immediately by eBay.  Too late now.

If you paid via a PayPal, go there and open the case, give the tracking number, and go back into the case four days later if you still haven’t been refunded.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

How do you know what the seller is “refusing” to do? If the seller only received the item on Friday, it’s too soon to worry.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

The seller has 2 business days to refund after tracking shows delivered. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

if the case is still open  you are good,just call ebay and tell them to close it in your favor,make sure you have entered the tracking  first

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

If seller received the item back on Friday, then 2 business days later would be Tuesday, for the seller to refund you.  Tomorrow is Tuesday.  If you do not have your refund by end of day, return to the Resolution Center and click the option to Ask ebay to step in.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

The message from eBay says to return to the case by NOV 15.

Poster didn’t do that.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@chinohighcowboys1963 wrote:

The message from eBay says to return to the case by NOV 15.

Poster didn’t do that.

If that was the OP, then they used a different posting ID.  The OP also stated they received the item last week, so I'm not sure about the Nov 15th posting and what they are talking about.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply