cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller realized crucial parts were missing AFTER printing shipping label

I purchased a Dell laptop 4 days ago that was advertised to include Windows 10 and then this morning, I got a message from the seller saying...

"As I was packing laptop, I noticed that it's running on Windows Vista Home (not Windows 10). Also, it doesn't come with power supply. Please confirm that you still want to proceed with the purchase, and it will be shipped on Monday."

I do not want a laptop that I can't power, so of course I requested that he cancel the order. Unfortunately for me, the seller somehow hadn't realized their mistake until after they'd printed the shipping label. Which means the laptop is technically listed as "shipped" and they are conveniently unable to cancel the order now.

My only option seems to be to "request a return" but I really don't want to because...

1.) I have nothing to return. The seller is still in possession of the laptop, as they stated in the above message.

2.) From what I understand, requesting returns is a black mark on your account and I'm not the one who screwed up here.

3.) It was incredibly irresponsible of them to even list the laptop without first confirming that they had all of the parts or what operating system it was running. And, as mean as it may sound, I feel like they have earned the blemish to their account that this would cause.

Is there any way that I can contact eBay directly to have them change the status of the order so that the seller can cancel it?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Is this a new seller? The transaction and the label can be canceled.

Go to My eBay page on the left hand side under Sell, click on Shipping Labels there and you can Void the label. Now open the drop-down menu next to the Sold item, Cancel screen will open, choose Buyer asked to cancel order. eBay will refund you. 

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Is this a new seller? The transaction and the label can be canceled.

Go to My eBay page on the left hand side under Sell, click on Shipping Labels there and you can Void the label. Now open the drop-down menu next to the Sold item, Cancel screen will open, choose Buyer asked to cancel order. eBay will refund you. 

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thank you! I just received notice that the order was canceled by seller.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thats great, he figured it out!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I call foul on your seller.

Do not respond to the message... what is outlined is not  the purchase you wanted to proceed with.

If the laptop doesn't arrive within the estimated delivery date, you can open an Item Not Received case. If your seller does ship it (as they now offer it), you can open an Item Not As Described claim since it doesn't match the listing.

There will be no black mark on you. Sorry you're having to deal with this.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I was facing the same problems but I found here my answer thanks.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply