cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller protection

Hey everybody;

I have been struggling with an issue that has not been posted in the community forums in 16 months. But, they were scorching issues with plenty of vigor. I am being overcharged by FedEx on my shipments. I am well aware of dimensional factors, irregular boxes,  excessive size or weight. I have had 3 incidents in the last 5 weeks where I am being charged higher amounts than were quoted using the selling tool. It is not every shipment and it never happens with UPS or USPS. I have problems accepting the usual business dodges and am not going to let go. I get customer service direction of "call eBay" or "call FedEx" because it is their responsibility. Its their problem. I have had my figures for the overcharges as to size, weight and dimensions audited by eBay and FedEx as to being correct but still I am being overcharged.  eBay crows about Seller Protection but yet in this issue is giving me the run around and I'm sorry to say that they do not want to take ownership. If they want to use a disclaimer of the shipping tables offered to sellers as an estimate to avoid responsibility for things they cannot control, I can understand that tactic. But, this is costing me money. I cannot nor should I have to write it off. it is just wrong. I need someone that wants to correct this wrong. If it is happening to me, then it is happening to others, too. It is not good business to ignore it if it does not represent a significant issue for eBay. If eBay is really concerned about protecting sellers and governing its business partners from inaccuracies, well, here is some low hanging fruit. If I as a seller follow the guidelines, and the rules eBay posts regarding these issues, then I am in need of being made whole. I now know that i cannot use FedEx anymore. But, I want my $35.00 credited and I want eBay to not allow a business partner to be allowed to overcharge. Please address this issue. Also, fellow sellers? Please make some noise to protect us from being victimized. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Seller protection

Pirateship is an online postage provider, where you would purchase your postage rather than purchasing an eBay shipping label.  Pirateship offers some USPS services that eBay does not, including Cubic pricing.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

With both FedEx and UPS, the price that Ebay shows you is only an estimate.

They both like adding extra charges after the package has been been delivered.

I don't know why some sellers don't have any problems with them, but some do?

Have a great day
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Curious as to why you still use UPS or Fedex as well as you can cross check the pricing that you are seeing when you print a label, against the price to ship as shown on UPS and Fedex websites before you print/purchase. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Thanks

Yes some do. The worst thing is that nobody takes an interest. Customer service has became a joke again. Harsh but true. You are ignored if you need help or want to challenge an issue. I have had numerous (8 years) occurrences where an issue was absorbed and promises made that a respose will come to you and it never happens. Also on a repeat call when a customer service person had given me a reference number and a follow up call claims the original person took no notes. R u kidding?

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

First this particular issue is a cluster of 3 occurrences in 5 weeks. And I do check the prices at the carrier's sites. No bargain and you lose a lot of protections not using eBay printed labels. I use UPS and FedEx because they are much cheaper than the USPS. Also, I have never had an issue with UPS only FedEx.    It doesent matter. The fact remains, charges are made after the fact and there is no way to challenge it. Plus, eBay does not care based on not being able to get past customer service. Again, its non substantiated overcharges being applied after the fact. That's what I am trying to address.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

In cases where some sellers have problems and some do not and you say you dont know why. Just consider the numbers involved. I believe that there are  random occurrences of this taking place. I offer that if it happened to you then  you would notice. There are shortages of people for jobs due to the administration's policies and throwing people into a job with little or no training. Its a high speed automated weighing as packages are processed. Combine this with heavy, heavy holiday numbers and you have a prime environment where if a package kicks out (at the carrier's distribution centers or reads a different weight, it  gets solved by believing the data and processing the it as a overweight.  Boom. Done. Lazy practices. But we are not done.  If a seller (me in this case) tries to address it through customer service at FedEx and/or eBay, the result has been its the other entity's issue.  Maybe that will help offer how it can happen. Its something that some victims figure it is the cost of doing business or hit the imposed road blocks. It also depends on size of shipments. When you talk about 20 Lb. plus  items then the numbers are higher than smaller items. The problem is real and not explained by the disclaimers given in the "handbook".  There is more that meets the eye. Thanks for your comments though. It will help somebody in the family here. 

All the best

Bill

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

You need an account and you may be subject to the same issue. They may make mistakes whether the seller is buying their label through eBay or directly from FedEx. I am considering it but not there yet. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@bilzbigdealz 

In the multiple, multiple, multiple times that this FedEx overcharge issue has been posted about in the past 12 months the suggestion is generally to open one's own FedEx account, or to get a "pirateship" account for shipping labels. It is said that for some reason there seems to be fewer issues there, and also that "pirateship" is helpful in the resolution when there is an issue.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Hi and thanks. If you would, please tell me what a "pirateship" is.

Bill

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Pirateship is an online postage provider, where you would purchase your postage rather than purchasing an eBay shipping label.  Pirateship offers some USPS services that eBay does not, including Cubic pricing.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Thanks

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@bilzbigdealz wrote:

In cases where some sellers have problems and some do not and you say you dont know why. Just consider the numbers involved. I believe that there are  random occurrences of this taking place. I offer that if it happened to you then  you would notice. There are shortages of people for jobs due to the administration's policies and throwing people into a job with little or no training. Its a high speed automated weighing as packages are processed. Combine this with heavy, heavy holiday numbers and you have a prime environment where if a package kicks out (at the carrier's distribution centers or reads a different weight, it  gets solved by believing the data and processing the it as a overweight.  Boom. Done. Lazy practices. But we are not done.  If a seller (me in this case) tries to address it through customer service at FedEx and/or eBay, the result has been its the other entity's issue.  Maybe that will help offer how it can happen. Its something that some victims figure it is the cost of doing business or hit the imposed road blocks. It also depends on size of shipments. When you talk about 20 Lb. plus  items then the numbers are higher than smaller items. The problem is real and not explained by the disclaimers given in the "handbook".  There is more that meets the eye. Thanks for your comments though. It will help somebody in the family here. 

All the best

Bill

It did happen to me once and that was the last time I used FedEx or UPS.

I was charged double what Ebay said it would cost and that's when I found out the price that Ebay showed was only an estimate.

Have a great day
Message 12 of 12
latest reply