cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller from China Accepted Return for Defective Item, but says they cant send Shipping Label

I bought a new watch (about $200) from a seller in China.  It was DOA. Its mechanical, so no batteries.  I contacted the seller, and opened a return request.  They accepted, and told me to ship it back.  I asked for a shipping label, and they stated they couldnt provide one.  They offered to reimburse me for the shipping after they receive it. Its $14.25 for me to send it back.  Any experience or advise?

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Seller from China Accepted Return for Defective Item, but says they cant send Shipping Label

While they cannot send you a label, I believe that they can send the cost of the label to you through Paypal. If you send it paying out of your own pocket, there is no way for Ebay to force them to refund more than the original cost/shipping after the fact. So getting the return shipping cost later could be problematic. 

Maybe the Chinese sellers are different; it's possible, but that is what I have gleaned from other posts. I am sure someone else will come along to verify or correct me 🙂 I hope it all turns out well for you. 

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Re: Seller from China Accepted Return for Defective Item, but says they cant send Shipping Label

Don't trust them. Get the money or the label first. Or just open a problem direct with Ebay before your time runs out.

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

They cannot provide a label but they need to provide the money to return up front.  Let them know what the cost is. Make sure you are using a method with tracking I’m not sure that $14 would be a service that Includes tracking... once you tell them the cost they need to send you a PayPal payment with that Cost NOT a partial refund from the original payment. A payment from them to cover it 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 4 of 26
latest reply

@eyem4jesus

That $14.25 will not get you tracking, and tracking is what you want.

You want at least Priority Mail International - I think that has tracking to China. You may need to choose Priority Express. Verify that the service you use has tracked delivery to China. Let the seller know the price, give them a day or so to send you the money. If they don't, ask Ebay to step in because the seller did not provide a label or funds for a label.

If you don't get tracking you don't get a refund.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Thank you for the input. The seller did send money for the return shipping. In case anyone else finds themselves in one of these weird ordeals, this is what was most cost effective for me.  There is a site called ship2asia. It’s a little bit of a process, but it was the cheapest shipping option WITH tracking. FYI!

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

Open a SNAD so Ebay will handle it. It looks like a scam to me.
Message 7 of 26
latest reply

@theferretflies wrote:

Wondering how can OP open a SNAD when OP already opened a SNAD?

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

When I read the question, it says "return request" not SNAD. There is a difference.
Message 9 of 26
latest reply

@theferretflies wrote:

Hello.  Which part of the transaction seems like a scam to you? They have over 2500 feedback, 96% positive.  There communication isnt 5 star, but at least 3.5.  I will have to go back and look at how I intiated the return.  I believe there is an option for Defective or Broken.  In any case, they did pay for the the return shipping.   

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

@theferretflies wrote:
When I read the question, it says "return request" not SNAD. There is a difference.

Not really both returns for remorse and returns for snad are classified as return requests when the buyer goes to file either one it starts with a return the item choice and then the choose a remorse or not as described reason. 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 11 of 26
latest reply

96% positive is horrible.

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

@sam9876 wrote:

96% positive is horrible.

3.5 communication star is horrible too.  And I'm thinking I wouldn't trust the shipping method used 

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

3.5 Stars for communication was my opinion. They are rated at 4.8ish out of 5 on their feedback.  I said 3.5 because this whole process has been a series of delayed responses. Some days I may get a response, some days none. It makes the whole process so much more difficult.

As far as "ship2asia", I will find out and update how it works out.  They seem to communicate well, and I cant find any big red flags so far.  Then again, the internet sometimes does a good job at making big red flags look like rainbows and kittens.  

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

Not certain if anyone will read this older thread, but I wanted to update just in case.  The shipping company "ship2asia", was the cheapest option that provided tracking, and the item arrived. The seller stated that the item was received, and that a replacement would be shipped.  The shipping website was not a scam! Phew!

Message 15 of 26
latest reply