cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller asking for more money to ship Item or cancel it

Bought brand new monitor; This is what shipping said.

"Shipping:

AU $99.00 (approx. US $59.52) International Express : tracked-signature (1 to 5 business days)"

Now they msgd me saying DHL will charge an extra AUD200 and they want me to pay 200 more or cancel the order. (They will cancel)

I got a good price for this item and I can't find it elsewhere what should I do, I think the mistake is thiers and I should not be liable for it, but I want the item too. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Seller asking for more money to ship Item or cancel it

I've seen that GSP (Global Shipping Program) is not available everywhere now, due to COVID-19 limitations. GSP shipping from USA to AU is usually significantly cheaper than regular carrier rates available. If your seller's higher rate being now requested is due to GSP becoming unavailable since the item listing, the higher cost being quoted may be the lowest cost currently available. Ask your seller if GSP shipping is available. If s/he does not know, ask ebay. If the listing would need to be changed to allow a lower cost shipment, a cancellation, item relisting, and re-purchase may be a good solution. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@jonlaw16 wrote:

Ask your seller if GSP shipping is available. If s/he does not know, ask ebay. If the listing would need to be changed to allow a lower cost shipment, a cancellation, item relisting, and re-purchase may be a good solution. 

GSP does not ship from Australia.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

here is now way you or ebay can MAKE them sell it to you.  It's just not possible. 

Your only other courses of action:

A)  Report them to ebay.

B) Leave them negative feedback.

C) Both.

Good luck and stay safe!

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Do not agree to cancel, allow your seller to receive from eBay the defect earned.

Consider leaving your seller with appropriate & factual feedback

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

There is no way you or ebay can MAKE them sell it to you. It's just not possible.

Your only other courses of action:

A) Report them to ebay.

B) Leave them negative feedback.

C) Both.

^^^^^^^^^^^ This

Message 6 of 6
latest reply