cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNAD Refund and provide label or just refund

I'm a seller and have a SNAD case opened. 1 Feedback buyer with criminal  bank fraud records with his name search, city/state matches, so pretty sure it's the same guy.

Obviously i will lose the case so my question is it worth it to accept the return and provide a return label? a) Hoping he won't bring it to FEDEX or b) i will receive something else and could fight it? How often do you win if you received something else/empty box, from a seller side from a return?

Or just simply refund, as i'll be paying about $12 for the return label. Seriously doubt item will be good for resale.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@thunderclawz wrote:
As mentionned, it's a guys with record online... i'm selling printer cartridges, he opened a case and just put toner is defective. I asked for more details/pics and never got a replied. I'm assuming he's just waiting to escalade. Chance is he'll send his used back in.

With toner, once a box is opened, value plummeted just like a car.

If he opened a SNAD case (which defective is), your responsible for return shipping and you can't charge a restocking fee. Its been posted here in the recent past that buyers have a right to open an item and make sure it works, so going with the idea they can't return it in the same condition is not going to fly either. If you're refilling these you can always refill it and resell it, if it was new OEM its basically worthless once opened. I would just issue the return label and say return for refund myself and hope it times out in 5 days. Don't forget to BLOCK.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 12 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

What was the reason for the return?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

You never know. With all of my false SNADs, none of the items were damaged and could be resold. The buyers just didn't want to pay return shipping when they change their minds. I always make them work for their money back.

FWIW, I think it is pretty rare that a buyer will send back an empty box or pull  a switcharoo.  

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

As mentionned, it's a guys with record online... i'm selling printer cartridges, he opened a case and just put toner is defective. I asked for more details/pics and never got a replied. I'm assuming he's just waiting to escalade. Chance is he'll send his used back in.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

What does his fb left for sellers look like?

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

He's going to return a used cartridge.
If I were you I would get it back, and report the buyer for each and every violation (including misuse of returns, abuse of MBG, sending back different item or item in different condition, etc...) .
Enough violations and he will have his MBG privilege removed and buying power will be limited, and if he keeps up his scams, he will be kicked off eBay and every account linked to his account will also be removed.
Pretty clear he is a scammer, given the type of item, the common excuse, and of course his criminal background for fraud. Not even sure how this guy is ON eBay.

Oh yeah, and BLOCK him (I almost forgot to advise, even though you probably already blocked him)

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

No fb left.

So what are the chances that i would win if he sent a used back? I've read some thread where seller won cases with returned item not in same condition.
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

.0000000001%.
It will likely be a no fault return. Depending on how many times the buyer has pulled that. (If that is what happens) They may or may not give him a courtesy refund.

Basically, who knows

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

From what I've read, it seems to be pretty rare for a seller to win a case of the item not being in the condition it was in when sent. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

.0000000001%
That was the answer for the OP's chance of winning. Should of separated that out.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Very unlikely that you will "win". Buyer has already won because you have to refund him
Your recourse is, you MIGHT be able to charge him a restocking fee (if applicable per your listing policy) and the return shipping, when you go to refund. Once you've refunded, then you can report "a problem with the buyer" for returning something other than the item (or in different condition). Report him if he's threatened you with neg feedback. When you tell ebay you have a problem with the buyer, there are a list of potential problems, so report him for any and all policy violations.
That's how we sellers work together to shut down scammers and thieves.
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@thunderclawz wrote:

If he opened a SNAD case (which defective is), your responsible for return shipping and you can't charge a restocking fee. Its been posted here in the recent past that buyers have a right to open an item and make sure it works, so going with the idea they can't return it in the same condition is not going to fly either. If you're refilling these you can always refill it and resell it, if it was new OEM its basically worthless once opened. I would just issue the return label and say return for refund myself and hope it times out in 5 days. Don't forget to BLOCK.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@plumbingspecials wrote:
Very unlikely that you will "win". Buyer has already won because you have to refund him
Your recourse is, you MIGHT be able to charge him a restocking fee (if applicable per your listing policy) and the return shipping, when you go to refund....

Buyer opened a SNAD (defective), seller can't charge a restocking or deduct anything. The seller MUST pay return shipping and issues a 100% refund.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

The thing is i'll lose out on shipping aswell if he decided to return something. Hence I was weighing whether to simply just refund and move on, or waste more money by providing a return label. I did the later, now just hope he's not returning anything.
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@thunderclawz wrote:
The thing is i'll lose out on shipping aswell if he decided to return something. Hence I was weighing whether to simply just refund and move on, or waste more money by providing a return label. I did the later, now just hope he's not returning anything.

That's whats most sellers would agree on. I think you made the right decision.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply