cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHIPPING IS SO EXPENSIVE!!!

I don't understand why shipping one keyboard key costs 26 NIS? The product costs 7 or 4 dollars and the shipping costs about 12 times! So where is the logic here?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@yaa-03 

Shipping charges are established by the delivery companies -- not by eBay, and not by the seller.

If you Google the sites for the various delivery companies, you might be astonished at how high the rates have been raised over the past few years.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Ugh, I just want to order one key for my keyboard. which costs 7 dollars and shipping costs 27 NIS

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@yaa-03 

"Ugh, I just want to order one key for my keyboard. which costs 7 dollars and shipping costs 27 NIS"

Your home-page is listed for the United States; yet you are referring to NIS -- is that New Israel Shekel?

If you are ordering from Israel, eBay has no control over the charges made by the seller's shipping courier.  Isn't that single keyboard key available from a vendor in the United States?

However -- if you are actually living in a foreign country, international shipping costs are of course going to be more expensive -- and, once again, those prices are mandated by the shipping companies, and not eBay.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Computer keyboards can be a pain to ship due to their length and size. Properly packed, they might  trigger "dimensional weight" if they are over a cubic foot in size, and can also incur an "over length"  fee due to their length packed up. That may be why it costs so much to ship one to you.

I don't even bother with computer keyboards worth less than $75 for this reason, not worth the shipping cost to deal with them (They also require special boxes and a fair bit of bubble wrap, another expense.)

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

It's not a whole keyboard. Just a replacement key.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 6 of 6
latest reply