cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns

I have a customer who bought an item from me which was broken during shipment. I  have never had this happen before in all the years I have been with Ebay,so I don't know how to proceed. (I will,of course)refund her money,but do I ask her to ship the broken pieces back in original wrappings or do I just issue a refund? Do I refund the shipping as well,or just the money for the item? Please help as soon as possible because I want to get this done.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Returns

but do I ask her to ship the broken pieces back in original wrappings or do I just issue a refund? 

I'd issue a refund.    Otherwise you are paying return shipping to get back something you will throw away.  

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Returns

Youa re allowed to require a return before you refund, but you will have to pay for the return shipping.  And you must refund the entire amount the buyer paid, including the original shipping cost. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Returns

Did you take shipping insurance on the item, or did your method of shipment come with some form of insurance?  If so, contact the insurer to see how to file a claim.   If so, contact the Buyer and request that they retain the item and all packing materials and container until you find out if the insurer needs to see them.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply