cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning unused item for refund(item never left depot/return to sender )

Hello

i previously purchased an item and I was unhappy with the item scale of the delivery so I requested the item to be sent back to the seller/send directly with yodel. They are sending it back and I have checked the tracking number to confirm this happening. 

I accidentally opened  the issue as fault good and it got declined and the issue got closed and now I can’t open the case again under the correct issue which should be item never arrived to start a case so I can get my money back .

ebays live chat told me to open a case via paypal for my money back. Is there now way eBay can reset the case so I can reopen a new case and put it under the right option for my money back at all? Still waiting for a response from Paypal, I just want my money back. 

Cheers 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying, but if you refused delivery, you would be ineligible for the US version of the eBay Money Back Guarantee.  I don't know if it's different in UK.

eBay Customer Service sometimes does reopen claims or opens a second claim, but again refusing delivery would likely mean you'd just lose again.

Have you discussed this with the seller at all?  Was there a Return Policy on the item?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

No eBay can’t reset the case, you can’t file a new case either.  if you’ve got a dispute opened with PayPal, you need to follow through with it. You can’t open a case with both eBay and PayPal. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Your post is somewhat hard to follow.....but it seems  that you sent something back because you were unhppy with it for whatever reason.  But later on you  state  you should have open  an item not received case.  How can you return something you have not received???

@mardycasual wrote:

Hello

i previously purchased an item and I was unhappy with the item scale of the delivery so I requested the item to be sent back to the seller/send directly with yodel. They are sending it back and I have checked the tracking number to confirm this happening. 

I accidentally opened  the issue as fault good and it got declined and the issue got closed and now I can’t open the case again under the correct issue which should be item never arrived to start a case so I can get my money back .

ebays live chat told me to open a case via paypal for my money back. Is there now way eBay can reset the case so I can reopen a new case and put it under the right option for my money back at all? Still waiting for a response from Paypal, I just want my money back. 

Cheers 

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

As far as i can understand, you were unhappy with the delivery time frame so refused the delivery and the item is on it's way back to the seller with tracking, so why were you looking to open a case if you have tracking for a return for a delivery you refused ? The seller has no control over postal delivery times, if i have understood this correctly once the package is received by the seller and i take it they was contacted by you then your refund will be processed, minus any postage obviously, a refused delivery is the item price only.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply