cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning a late shipped item without paying customs.

I don't know if it's ok to post a link but this is a follow up to a post:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/Buyer-with-late-delivery-case-opened/qaq-p/28...

I hope I don't duplicate things.

Case update:

*Excalated case put on hold till 14May2018

My current scenario:

The package is scheduled to be delivered to my P.O.Box at the post office in Nepal. I am thinking of requesting a return shipping at the post office without paying customs, and the only way to do it is if I don't accept the package (also not open it). The postal carrier is USPS and I do have the tracking number. The return will be done at my expense and a return shipping tracking number will be updated to the case.

I'm in Nepal and the item is arriving from USA. The item is such that I am 100% sure I'll have to pay customs in order to receive it. Customs is expensive.

My question is:

If I do all of this, will I be refunded the full amount(Item cost+seller's shipping cost)?

Help please?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Returning a late shipped item without paying customs.

@ayushjoshi wrote:

If the item is delivered by 14June2018, can I make a return for full refund (cost + seller's ship fee)?

No. It would be a buyers remorse return so you would return at your expense and the seller would refund the item price only. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

you’ve already opened an item not received case. Did you ask eBay to step in? Refusing a package voids the money back guarantee so don’t refuse it. You need to escalate the case to eBay if you haven’t already.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Thank you for the reply. The case has been escalated to ebay. I made a mistake in posting that the case is in hold till 14May2018. The case is actually on hold till 14June2018. According to tracking, the package is already at the post office and will be ready for receiving in a couple of days. Paying customs might be the only way to receive the package. Couldn't me providing the return shipping tracking number be considered as accepting the package?

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@ayushjoshi wrote:

Thank you for the reply. The case has been escalated to ebay. I made a mistake in posting that the case is in hold till 14May2018. The case is actually on hold till 14June2018. According to tracking, the package is already at the post office and will be ready for receiving in a couple of days. Paying customs might be the only way to receive the package. Couldn't me providing the return shipping tracking number be considered as accepting the package?

You can’t just provide a tracking number. That tracking number has to show delivery back to the seller.  So if the item is delivered by 6/14, you have to pay the customs fees and take possession of the package and then file a return request. And then seek reimbursement of the customs fees from your country. 

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

If the item is delivered by 14June2018, can I make a return for full refund (cost + seller's ship fee)?

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

@ayushjoshi wrote:

If you haven't received it yet, why do you want to return it? Or, how do you already know you want to return it? What's your reason going to be if you request a refund?

P.S. I've been to Nepal on a Buddhist pilgrimage. Kathmandu and Lumbini, mainly. Beautiful country, great people.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Hello, if you refuse the package and the package returned to sender you will void your buyer protection . You would have to upload new tracking number. Also delays happen Ebay offers a estimated delivery time and they  are harly ever correct . I would keep this in mind for any future purchase 

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@ayushjoshi wrote:

No. It would be a buyers remorse return so you would return at your expense and the seller would refund the item price only. 

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Your profile shows you registered in the US, I'm curious as to why you are in Nepal.  Are you vacationing there or did you move there?

I'm wondering if you are referring to late shipping or late delivery of the item.  If the latter, is the reason it hasn't been delivered because you haven't picked it up because you don't want to pay the fees which are your responsibility?

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@pburn I provided a link in the original post to explain my situation. Thank you.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

The seller did not respond to any messages prior to opening of the case. Delivery date was just one of  the references. Thank you.
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@7606dennis

I am Nepali. Late shipping is the issue. Thank you.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@missjen831

Thank you.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@ayushjoshi wrote:

@7606dennis

So you are in Italy and not Nepal.  Interesting!  Why does your profile show you registered in the USA.

Frankly, shipping to Italy has been somewhat problematic and especially to Naples.  

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@7606dennis wrote:

@ayushjoshi wrote:

@7606dennis

So you are in Italy and not Nepal.  Interesting!  Why does your profile show you registered in the USA.

Frankly, shipping to Italy has been somewhat problematic and especially to Naples.  

How does Italy come into play?

Message 15 of 17
latest reply