cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return

Hello,

I sold an open box Vita on eBay. Had pictures showing excellent no damage condition. Guy buys it and asks me if there is any damage on the back (red flag). I told buyer no and sent another picture of the back. There was no damage in the listing pics either. 

I ship ASAP. Buyer receives 2-days later and claims there is a scratch on the back. Remember I sent him an extra picture of the back and he says OK. 

I contact eBay and they tell me to accept the return and if I receive an there is no damage to open a case so I can dispute it. This is after reviewing the pics and agreeing with me. Why would I have the buyer return it if they can see there are no scratches?

I used to enjoy eBay. I don’t sell all the time, but it’s not fun anymore when these issues occur. Has anyone had eBay help on a dispute?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Return

You won't win on this one. Accept the return and hope that you get the item back in good shape. eBay telling you that you could dispute it was probably their way of getting you off the phone. eBay sides with the seller in a very small % of this kind of case. At best, you might be able to issue a partial refund.

Re: Return

In my experience, you can't do anything.
Even if you disputed it, eBay customer service didn't help you at all.
You have to do full refund. (It means you will lost the shipping fees for both sending and returning).

I had to do full refund when buyer bought a laptop which has minor crack on digitizer glass.
At least four of listing pictures showed it clearly but buyer still did a return with "incorrect description".

Message 3 of 3
latest reply