cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return request - item not as described - defect? Customer support say's no

Good day,

Today we received the dreaded "Buyer asked a return", and in the description it said: "Doesn't match description or photos".

I automatically assumed it was a "Item not as described" request, because it also asked for a full refund.

Buyer stated it was used, opened en contained to little of the product.

I researched on forums and as far I could see such a request will always count as a defect for us?!

Not nice because it could leed to us loosing top rated seller.

As I thought there was nothing I could do, I accepted the return request and messaged the buyer to send it back to us with instructions.

Then the buyer responded he only wanted to know if it was original, so I replied with the solid proof.

So, he changed his mind, and cancelled/stopped the return request.

I called ebay customer support to ask to remove the (possible) defect. But the employee said it would never count as a defect because the request had not turned into a case yet.

Now I am confused...everywhere on forums I read a INAD is always a defect, no matter how you solve it?

Kind regards

A Confused Seller

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You don't get a defect when buyers open SNADs. You get defects when you refuse to accept SNADs and the buyer asks eBay to step in. Or you ask eBay to step in and they find in favor of the buyer. So there is no defect for customer service to remove, for once customer service was right. You cannot rely on what you read on the boards, not everyone stays up to date on the changes. It's been a while since SNADs counted against you. Right now they only count against you if eBay is asked to step in.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

It's not always a defect. It only turns into a defect if it's escalated to eBay and decided in tbe buyers favor 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

That's great news. Thank you for your reply. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply