cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return issues with seller.

I purchased a vintage purse & it was listed as best offer that seller accepted. They stated it was missing the shoulder strap. No problem I had a replacement. I buy & rehab vintage bags and resell. They also stated it was Excellent but needed TLC. I received the purse and it had been shoved into a padded legal envelope and when I got it out the inside zipper was broke. It was not listed as broken. I contacted seller and requested a return and they pay the return shipping and she offered a 4.00 disc. I told her the zipper could no be fixed and wanted a full refund. She refused. Opened a case and I sent pictures of how it was packaged as well as the zipper. She accused me of breaking the zipper and contacted Ebay saying I was unreasonable. CS closed my case & sent a message that they are reviewing it. Why would they close my open case? When I list items I always let folks know if there is damage or an issue with my items. I have noticed more & more folks are not listing item descriptions properly  and you have to sent messages to get them to tell you more about the item they listed. Are they just being lazy or what?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Return issues with seller.

Yes it said I would not communicate with her anymore. After she accused me of breaking the zipper I told her Ebay can deal with her. This purse was beyond help & any TLC. Alway pay with PP. I just have never dealt with a seller like this.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

They didn’t close the case, it sounds like the seller asked eBay to step in. It’s rare that the seller will win. If she does, you can always file a PayPal dispute if that’s how you paid.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Yes it said I would not communicate with her anymore. After she accused me of breaking the zipper I told her Ebay can deal with her. This purse was beyond help & any TLC. Alway pay with PP. I just have never dealt with a seller like this.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Just print that prepaid return shipping label you've received.

@minie812

Then mail* that label back to your seller tomorrow --

eBay will force a refund a few minutes after it is delivered back to the seller.

*stand in line to get an acceptance scan, if you have time

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Does your return show tracking now --

@minie812

and on its way back to your seller?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Yes, I had received a message from Ebay that I had not responded to the case. WHAT? so I called them and told them the issue and that they had closed my case when seller responded with issues. Anyway they sent me a label and I sent it out immediatly. Never had issues like this before. It wasn't alot of money but the point of it. Accusing me of breaking the zipper really PO'd me.  Thxs.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply