cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reshipper is Portland

Someone bought a sports card from me. I only have 35 transactions, so I wasn't aware of re-shippers. I sent the package to Portland on April 29. It got to Portland May 3. Then the tracking said forwarding to next location for 3 days until May 6. Still says it's in Portland and on the way to next location last reported the 6th. Today is the 17th. No updates at all. I'm not sure if it's a post office issue, or some kind of scam. I talked to Ebay customer service, whether it's a scam or not, they won't do anything unless it says delivered. Should my responsibility end when it reaches Portland? Is it lost? Is there some kind of scam with re-shippers that borks the tracking?  I reported lost mail to USPS and will make a claim in a week if there is no resolution. Has anyone else had something like this happen with their tracking and the buyer got it? Is this a scam? Regardless I'm never shipping to a re-shipper again. It shouldn't be allowed. If my shipping preferences say U.S. only, re-shippers should be on the black list. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Reshipper is Portland

It is common for international customers to use package forwarding services.  I've never had a problem with forwarding services.  Reshippers are allowed ... and, eBay actually runs the largest package forwarding service called "eBay International Shipping".

As for scammers, you aren't selling anything just prior to April 29 that a scammer might target ... not worth their energy to go after such low-dollar items.

As for tracking, if you used the eBay Standard Envelope tracking for your trading card, then these are notorious for not getting the tracking scanned at delivery.

So chill.  You seem to be overthinking everything, imagining demons, and causing yourself a lot of unnecessary angst and wasted time.  If a problem with the shipment arises, the buyer will contact you or file a claim that they didn't receive the package.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Reshipper is Portland

Ok. I'll take your advice and chill for now. I left some info out which would explain my worry. The buyer's last 3 transactions were negative. I knew there was probably a slight risk, but as a new seller, I thought once he paid, I was pretty much covered. But again, I'll take your advice and just chill and see what happens. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Reshipper is Portland

If the buyer claims not received you have no worries because you only have to prove it was delivered to the Portland address.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Reshipper is Portland

As was suggested, this situation is not covered under the money back guarantee for the buyer. If the address on file with ebay, that you shipped to, is not the final destination, you should be good. Should a case ever get opened, just reply with the tracking number. There is the possibility the AI may decline. However, you would need to speak to a human for the correction.

Your commitment ended upon delivery to the freight forwarder:

eBay Money Back Guarantee 

Exclusions and special coverage when the buyer doesn't receive an item

The item was sent to another address after original delivery

Covered:

Not covered:

• The buyer used third-party freight forwarding or mail redirection
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Reshipper is Portland

As others mentioned, you only have to show proof that the item was delivered to the address used at payment. Since it does not yet show as delivered, you would have to refund IF the buyer opened an item not received claim. However, it is entirely possible that it was delivered and just wasn't scanned.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply