cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding coverage during a UPS shipping claim for damaged item

After several claims due to damaged items shipped over the years, claims were always approved but  wondering why UPS doesn’t pay the cost to ship. For example, claim for value of item based on eBay sale price for example, $40. Cost to ship $35. I refund buyer full amount due to the fact that it wasn’t their fault and should get a full refund.  I submit a claim, I get $40 from UPS ( value of item) but am left loosing $35 for shipping? How is that fair? Why when they destroyed package ( buyer sent pics and all) do they not reimburse you? You pay for service and they fail to provide that service shouldn’t they refund you the cost of shipping’s? Unless I’m doing something wrong? I can only claim value of item or do I add in the cost of the shipping too? Maybe I’m not filing correctly? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The insurance  includes  shipping cost  ,it is  odd you aren't getting it. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I submit a claim, I get $40 from UPS ( value of item) but am left loosing $35 for shipping? How is that fair?

@chuc9823 

I've never been in your shoes, but wonder if the $35 shipping cost stayed because the shipment was delivered.  🤔

Message 3 of 3
latest reply