cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

am I being scammed

So I placed an order on January 7th 2024, and it arrived on January 11th. When it arrived it was a much cheaper item so I wrote the seller Who was helpful and they told me they told me they accidentally switched the items with another buyer. so they asked me to send it back and they said they would contact The other buyer. A few days later I get a message Saying my order was on it's way. So up to this point I dont think anything of it.  the day the package was sent was on January 16th and it still has yet to arrive. I check the tracking and All I see is tracking number provided. I asked them why and they said it happens and sent me alot of pictures of other people's tracking that was a few days ago.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

am I being scammed

You received an item that was not as described.  Hard to tell if your seller is genuinely trying to take care of the issue or if they are just stringing you along.  

At this point, what you need to do is open an item not as described case.  The seller will be required to send you a prepaid return label and to refund in full upon his receipt of the returned item.

It would benefit you greatly to take the time to read eBay's Money Back Guarantee for buyers.  

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

am I being scammed

I think you should stop messaging the seller and open a Return request. Be prepared to send the cheap item back (using the seller's shipping label that will come to you) for a full refund. Good luck.

Here's the long read. >> eBay Money Back Guarantee policy

Message 3 of 3
latest reply