cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund

Hello,
Two weeks ago I bought an Airpods on eBay. Before payment, I asked the seller whether Airpods are really original, and he said "YES". I received them this week because I am not in the USA. Unfortunately, when I received them I made an analysis and compared them with the original Airpods (my uncle's), and I realized that the box is fake (They still have not been open). I messaged to the seller, and he said the box might looks like a fake, but inside is original. When I opened I was already sure that Airpods 100% fake. I opened a dispute and the seller agreed to take them back. I can't send them with the same postal service(USPS), and I said it to the seller. So I shipped it using local postal service. My question is Can I still return my money if the seller will receive them, but will say that he has not received them? I hope you understand my problem and question. I just want to return my money back, and nothing more. I am writing this message here, because I can't contact eBay directly. Thanks 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Refund

You should have opened a claim for not as described and the seller would have been required to provide the return shipping.  It has to be a trackable method.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

fa_8305
Thrill-Seeker

@dustinbekov wrote:

I opened a dispute and the seller agreed to take them back. I can't send them with the same postal service(USPS), and I said it to the seller. So I shipped it using local postal service.

Even though you already opened a dispute and the seller approved your return, you still should take the advice to open a claim for not as described again.

Then click MARK AS SHIPPED and enter your overseas return tracking number.

http://images.weserv.nl/?url=community.ebay.com/ebay01/attachments/ebay01/getting-started-ac/27162/1/1.png

The seller will have up to 2 business days to refund after tracking shows that your return is delivered back to your seller. But if you don't get your refund, go back and click the Ask eBay to step on up button.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@fa_8305 wrote:

Even though you already opened a dispute and the seller approved your return, you still should take the advice to open a claim for not as described again.

Can a buyer open two SNAD cases on eBay for the same item?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

@fa_8305 wrote:

Can a buyer open two SNAD cases on eBay for the same item?

No.  But some buyers have successfully called up customer service and gotten them to change the reason for a return from a Remorse to a SNAD.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Here is a problem. I don't have an opportunity to call eBay.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@dustinbekov wrote:
Here is a problem. I don't have an opportunity to call eBay.

Just to be clear about your situation:

1. As implied above, go into your EXISTING return request and enter in the tracking information for your return shipment to the seller.
  2. If the tracking information shows the item delivered, the seller has 2 business days to refund your money.
  3. If the seller has not refunded your money 2 business days after receiving the item, you can go back into your return and "Ask eBay to Step In".    If you weren't able to previously enter in the tracking information in Step 1, you should be able to enter in the tracking information as part of the "Ask eBay to Step In."    If not, then you can contact eBay through their Facebook page.

(If you received fake headphones, then this seller is probably not an honest seller ... so I doubt the seller will be doing anything to help you out, and contacting the seller will be, therefore, pointless).

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Sounds to me that you didn't send with tracking, if not you have no proof of delivery, unless the seller confirms delivery you will not be seeing anything back.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply