cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund to Buyer due to shipping delays

I have a package that was shipped on April 4, 2024. The package has been sitting in the Birmingham, Alabama processing center since April 6, and has not moved. Buyer wants a refund which they are entitled to because the item has not been received. I filed a claim with USPS and they said it was enroute to the next facility but cannot get an update. This is the first package I have had an issue with.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Refund to Buyer due to shipping delays

Has the buyer opened an INR? If not wait on the refund until they do, this way you can upload tracking into the case it will show it's still in transit. This will possibly give more time for it to arrive. If not refund through the case.  
ETA on April 10th eBay made an announcement regarding shipping delays and seller protection 

Shipping delays continue 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I had to refund the the Buyers money today, since it was the last day. I filed a claim with USPS since it was insured, now the package shows it left the Birmingham facility. Buyer will probably get the package and refund. I hope the USPS refunds my money.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

that seemed pretty quick...

when did you first receive the INR from ebay?

(and how long did they give you to reply with tracking?)

I have had this happen, and I do try to "stretch it out" (the response time) when it is in transit and delayed to try and get some movement on the parcel by starting a lost item search with USPS. If it shows 'any' movement, the INR is delayed in some cases.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply