cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing USPS Label not compatiable with box or service

buyer has paid for "Ground-economy" shipping.  In attemptimg to print USPS label it will only let me check/use a Flat Rate Envelope or a regional label.  It is packed in an ordinary brown shipping box.  Item cannot fit in any type of envelope.  Buyer paid for economy ground.  I need help on how to navigate ebay's, Print Label Form.  I'm a Sr.Citizen  & not totally up on new technology, so any easy instructions will be very much appreciated.  Example:  It lists EBAY USPS FEDEX -- I want to print an EBAY label to go USPS--which do I check??  Thanks to all you good ebayers always willing to help us Seniors!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@chirpysmom 

Ebay has removed the USPS Ground option.

You can ship Priority Mail or print a USPS Ground label through Pay Pal.

Have a great day.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

There is a small arrow to see more options-click that and choose either Priority Mail or Parcel Select.  Priority mail is fast and has $ 50 of insurance.  Parcel Select is slower than slow, has no coverage and usually cost a couple pennies more than Priority.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I hate the word seniors.  I'm going to be 60 in April and still work twelve hours a day.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@chirpysmom 

Ebay has removed the USPS Ground option.

You can ship Priority Mail or print a USPS Ground label through Pay Pal.

Have a great day.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

compare.jpg

Scroll down a bit, and look for the "Compare ll services" to get an array of choices.

Also before going "ground" (unless it has to) look at the price for "Priority". Often just  pennies different (or maybe a $) , but comes with insurance, and in most instances will be a faster service.

@chirpysmom 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@divwido wrote:

I hate the word seniors.  I'm going to be 60 in April and still work twelve hours a day.

Several years ago I was at the grocery store, and got hit with an unrequested "senior discount" on my purchase.

I scurried on home, and dyed my hair.  Now I just roll with the discount.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I've experienced the same thing and when clicking on the link to pull down all options on the print label screen the USPS Parcel Select Ground option still didn't show.

I started a long thread on this very topic recently.  My solution, per a UPS guy posting here, was to go to Account > Seller Account > Site Preferences > Shipping Preferences and then activate "UPS ebay Rates".  Once activated, you'll see the rate when creating or updating a listing.

Compared to USPS Select I've found the UPS rate to be a bit more expensive in a couple of instances and quite a bit cheaper in another.  And from my limited experience, the package will get there faster. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Two more notes:

If you change the Shipping Preferences to allow for UPS discounts, the discount on UPS Ground will not show up in the shipping pick list before creating a listing--it shows the rack rate.  But if you do pick it and are charging the buyer for shipping, the discounted rate will appear in the listing.  It could be up to half the cost of what the pick list showed.  I have a large carton where shipping to the west coast dropped from around $113 via USPS Select Ground to about $54 UPS Ground.

Second, ebay has not eliminated USPS Select Ground.  It's still in the pick list when creating a listing, they will show it in the listing let if you pick it, and will charge the buyer that rate, but when you go to print the label it's no longer an option and you're left hanging.  I don't know if this happens every time, maybe it depends on shipping location or some other factor, but it is an ebay defect that has been out there for quite awhile.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

We have USPS retail ground as the base shipping method for many items and have never had a problem with it until the last few days. 

Now we have multiple items to ship that were sold with USPS retail ground shipping as the listing default (only option offered) and *NO* USPS services are available to print a shipping label for those items. 

When going to print the shipping label - it doesn't matter what size option is selected (carrier package/custom size), compare all services, or anything else.  No matter what - USPS shipping services are inaccessible.   (See screenshot below))

Ebay technical support is investigating the matter.

no options available.png

Message 9 of 9
latest reply