cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Ebay Standard Envelopes

Good day,

I was wondering if any has had success printing the labels for Ebay Standard Envelopes. I tried directly printing to both #10 and # 6 3/4 and have no success. Any help or insight is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Printing Ebay Standard Envelopes

The tracking for ebay standard envelope can be found on EasyShip website.

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

Ebay won't even let me select trading card envelope on the shipping labels page even tho I selected that before the card sold and it keeps making me use media mail and pay $2 more every time 

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

Hi, guys.  Brixnclix makes the point that the local USPS offices may not know to scan the new ebay standard envelopes.   I'll share what I have learned locally:  the usps local staff are largely unaware it even exists.  Looks like the scanning is all done by sorting machines  -- not by humans.  Also, please note, in one instance I found the date of actual arrival to be the day after the tracking said it was brought to my home.  (Since this mode is all machine scanning upon arrival at the local P.O. I can see that happening.) 

So far, as a BUYER receiving cards via this delivery mode, I have have good experiences in 6 of 6 purchases.  As a SELLER I intend to begin using it, too.

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

Cards aren't actually legal for Media Mail. If your card isn't in the right category or isn't under $20 then you won't be able to print standard envelope.

I use a thermal printer for these.

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

I have tried over and over to print directly to the envelope and finally,  I had to print out the label and then stick it on the envelope. 

Message 20 of 28
latest reply

Thank so much.

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

I print standard envelope postage with a brother q1-500 thermal printer on the standard thin labels and it prints much smaller than regularly but I just peel and stick to the envelope and the machine reads it no problem 

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

You can also just take a Normal Peace of paper in printer print it off and tape it to your Envelopes and or glue them on Browse us anytime at

Click Here to Browse Good old smokejoe13 

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

most are using first class option at  .53c nd .73c

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

i was doing that for awhile - now I open as pdf - grab a screen shot that incl. only stamp area down to customer name. Then send to printer with my  2 1/4"  x 7" label - hit shrink to fit.... To keep the correct proportions I am printing customer name & address separately. It's a lot of clicks but  only abot 1 minute of work

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

Here's how you do it on a windows PC (Windows 10/11):

1. Go into your Printer settings. In 'printing preferences' Add a new size to accommodate the envelope that you want to print on. For example, I added a new 'print profile' for a small envelope, which I measured to have the dimensions of 3.625 x 6.75. The exact steps here I think depend on your printer.

2. Download adobe acrobat

3. From eBay, purchase and download the shipment label.

4. Open the shipment label from your downloads folder. Open in adobe acrobat.

5. In Acrobat, choose 'Edit' -> 'More' -> 'Take a snapshot'

6. Outline the envelope print area.

7. Click 'File' -> 'Print'

8. Choose your printer, then choose 'Properties'. Choose the print profile that you made in step 1.

9. In 'More options', 'Selected graphic' should be chosen.

10. Confirm that the preview looks correct. You may need to swap the orientation from Portrait to Landscape.

11. Print.

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

Only eBay could roll out a new "time saving", low cost envelop shipping program that after almost 2 years after introduction,  needs an 11 step procedure to print one 57 cent stamped envelop or a number of other work arounds: cut-n-paste (literally), Adobe, Photoshop, etc. C"mon, Man!!!

Then it's a crap shoot if it even can get scanned by USPS. I read one response that said USPS told them it doesn't get scanned until it reaches a sort facility. Are those the sort facilities that DeJoy pulled out all the scanning equipment before the last election? Good luck with that!

So we finally decided to try this great new method, 19 months after the first question in this community of how to print eBay Standard Envelops system. After 2 days of screwing around with all these suggested options, including a 40 minute conversation with (believe it or not) an American CSR in Utah that couldn't explain it (or make it work themselves). 

Unless someone has a sensible solution that actually yields the "time-saving" results eBay claims and not work-arounds that waste even more time, we give up!  I apologize to our Buyers for not being able to save them any money on USPS's rising postage cost... and declining service level.

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

Here is how I send eBay standard letters. I print on 8x11 paper and spray-glue to my envelopes. I think I had to cut off the top edge of the label to place the facing bars in the correct position, but others have simply placed the label in the middle of the envelope and have had it scan. The label will also fit on a smaller check-sized envelope. I don't know what format this label would take on a 4x6 printer.  I'll have to try that next time. Or maybe @sickmia can post a screenshot of a properly redacted 4x6 envelope label (prior to manipulations).

Shipping - eBay standard envelopeShipping - eBay standard envelope

The tracking of an eBay Standard Envelope can be somewhat sporadic.  The tracking number is a proprietary eBay ESUS number, rather than a USPS tracking number. So a local postal clerk can not scan the pickup or delivery. Instead, the code is scanned when the letter passes through major sorting centers. In fact, a letter with an ESUS code may actually detour along a path that goes through other similar hubs that are capable of scanning, rather than taking a more direct route that a USPS-scannable item would take. The actual "delivered" segment is estimated by the last hub.

eBay Standard Envelope is available for a limited number of categories:
https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-standard-envelope?id=...
Tracking the ESUS envelope:
https://www.trackmyshipment.co/

A typical high-speed sorting center (to help understand the thickness limitations and flexibility requirements):
Postal SortingPostal Sorting

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 28 of 28
latest reply