cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pkg returned to me for insufficient postage

Buyer selected USPS Ground, pkg wt/dimensions are correct, I purchased label.  USPS returned pkg to me (tracking shows as “delivered” to my address)  marked “insufficient postage, add postage, remove sticker over shipping address and reship”.  My local PO says I cannot just add additional postage ($.79), I must buy a new label. Why?

I tried to do Void Label but USPS rejected my request (possibly because their system shows it as delivered?). So must I take the loss on the first label and buy another? Or go back to PO again?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Pkg returned to me for insufficient postage

@orangehound wrote:

@joesoucie22012 wrote:

Do not show postage cost on your eBay lables ever as a postal worker may not consider you eBay discount only the amount paid in error.

Thousands of packages sent with the label showing the price paid, and I have never had the situation you suggest.**

We specifically want the price paid on the label for the buyer to see exactly how much it costs, so that they don't start complaining that we are overcharging them for shipping.

** One time, however, I had a counter worker reject a first class package that was 15 ounces because they insisted the limit was 13 ounces.   I reported that clerk to the branch postmaster for "coaching/training", but never saw that particular clerk again.

@orangehound 

Oh my Orangehound! you did what?  Smiley Very Happy scream heart_eyes  Advocated for yourself?  Stood up and reported something rather than just walking away and grumbling on social media?  Got results?  grinning

hope the intended humor translates...

could not agree more on the reason for showing postage on the label!  heart_eyes

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

Thx, I did go back. Dif clerk. As per the sticker, I was able to buy add’l postage and it’s on its way. Via eBay, USPS rejected my request to void label. I will never print postage amt on label again.
Message 17 of 27
latest reply

Thanks for your help. Via eBay, USPS rejected my request to void label.  I went back to USPS. Dif clerk knew what to do. As per the USPS sticker instructions, I bought the add’l postage, she affixed it properly,  and it’s on its way. I  will never print postage amt on label again. 

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

Thanks for your help. Via eBay, USPS rejected my request to void label.  I went back to USPS. Dif clerk knew what to do. As per the USPS sticker instructions, I bought the add’l postage, she affixed it properly,  and it’s on its way. I  will never print postage amt on label again. 

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

Thanks for your help. Via eBay, USPS rejected my request to void label. I went back to USPS. Dif clerk knew what to do. As per the USPS sticker instructions, I bought the add’l postage, she affixed it properly, and it’s on its way. I will never print postage amt on label again.
Message 20 of 27
latest reply

Did you ask them why they thought you owed? You didn't owe them anything.  The price shown on your label is the correct postage for mailing via Parcel Select for that weight and Zone.  Looks to me like you paid them the extra cost for Retail Ground postage.

Your label couldn't be voided because it had already been scanned into the USPS system.

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

Thanks for your help. Via eBay, USPS rejected my request to void label. I went back to USPS. Dif clerk knew what to do. As per the USPS sticker instructions, I bought the add’l postage, she affixed it properly, and it’s on its way. I will never print postage amt on label again. I will never offer/use USPS PARCEL SELECT = GROUND (an eBay shipping option) again.
Message 22 of 27
latest reply

Thanks for your help. Via eBay, USPS rejected my request to void label. I went back to USPS. Dif clerk knew what to do. As per the USPS sticker instructions, I bought the add’l postage, she affixed it properly, and it’s on its way. I have printed the postage too so customer sees he was not overcharged, but I will never print postage amt on label again. I will also never offer/use USPS PARCEL SELECT = GROUND (an eBay shipping option) again.
Message 23 of 27
latest reply

@abobbi wrote: .... I will never print postage amt on label again. I will never offer/use USPS PARCEL SELECT = GROUND (an eBay shipping option) again.

There's no need to avoid Parcel Select, IF you use stealth postage.   

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@abobbi wrote: .... I will never print postage amt on label again. I will never offer/use USPS PARCEL SELECT = GROUND (an eBay shipping option) again.

stealth postage?

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

@dasarock wrote:

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

stealth postage?

That simply refers to not printing the postage cost on the Shipping label. It's a checkbox option on the Shipping form under the "Customize your label" section: look for "Display postage value on label." I never show the postage on my labels.

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

understand, just had not heard 'do not show postage' as 'stealth' lol.  it is very very rare that I show postage even tho I always refund extra postage paid by seller

Message 27 of 27
latest reply