cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pirate Ship

Is it okay to use Pirate Ship Simple Export Rate if your buyer has chosen eBay International Standard Shipping?  If so, do you have to delete the ABN and Code numbers from the address?  In the future, what international shipping option should I choose if I want to use Pirate Ship?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Pirate Ship

I'm not that familiar with Pirate Ship so can't answer your question.  Which listing is it and is your item going to Australia? It looks like some of your listings show that you use global shipping and some show that you are using usps first class international.    USPS is not shipping first class to Australia right now so if it was a first class int'l listing, it would have defaulted to ebay international standard. 

If it is a listing that shows first class international, I would probably let the buyer know that so that they know if won't be arriving with USPS.  (you would have to look at the listing itself and change your location in the shipping tab section to Australia to see what the buyer is seeing.) You might want to give them the choice of using ebay international or whichever Pirate Ship service you wanted to use.  In either case I would think that you would still need to keep the ABN number on the label so that customs knows tax has been paid.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Yes, it went to Australia.  I ended up shipping it through eBay International Standard Shipping because I needed to get it out quickly although I've had problems with that service in the past, but I was interested to know how regular Pirate Ship users set up  international shipping on their eBay listings.  I have seen that setting a flat shipping rate works best and I think you have to indicate First Class International, but just want to verify that that is the correct way to do things.  I only ship direct to select countries and use GSP for the rest of the world.  Thank you for your reply.  It's good to know what the ABN and code numbers mean.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

For Simple Export rate to Canada, list it as First Class Mail/Package International.

For Simple Export rate anywhere else, list it as Asendia USA. 

EDIT: I meant list it as Standard International Shipping on the listing. Asendia USA can only be selected when you're ready to put the tracking number in, if PS doesn't do it automatically. It's probably still nice to mention Asendia in your description. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

So you say if you select Standard International Shipping, it's okay to then use Pirate Ship?  I know it works fine when you select FC Intl, but wasn't sure about the Standard Intl shipping and I was afraid to try it.  Thanks for the response.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Yes. Pirate Ship's Simple Export rate to Canada is just a lower priced USPS First Class International directly to your customer. 

If it's going anywhere else, then Pirate Ship gives you a USPS label to ship to an Asendia sorting center, and then they re-label it and put the customs form on it. So Standard International (Not eBay Standard shipping) is just a generic option.

I've used the option to Canada several times with no problems, however I've not used the overseas option just yet. I'm going off what I've read and what I've discussed with support. They assured me that since eBay supports Asendia tracking, then the tracking number (Starting with AHOY) works on eBay from the USPS pickup to the destination country's postal service scan.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@ward_warehouse wrote:

Yes. Pirate Ship's Simple Export rate to Canada is just a lower priced USPS First Class International directly to your customer. 

If it's going anywhere else, then Pirate Ship gives you a USPS label to ship to an Asendia sorting center, and then they re-label it and put the customs form on it. So Standard International (Not eBay Standard shipping) is just a generic option.

I've used the option to Canada several times with no problems, however I've not used the overseas option just yet. I'm going off what I've read and what I've discussed with support. They assured me that since eBay supports Asendia tracking, then the tracking number (Starting with AHOY) works on eBay from the USPS pickup to the destination country's postal service scan.

If it is gong to Canada then Pirateship prints a standard USPS international label. It is not relabeled for Canada. Asendia is not used for Canada.

And to the OP:

DO NOT REMOVE THE ABN CODE NUMBERS.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

OK, so you are agreeing that it's okay to select eBay International Standard Shipping as your shipping option and then actually use Pirate Ship Simple Export Rate to print the label?  That is my basic question.  Thanks.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

eBay International Standard Delivery is a different service. Choose the generic "Standard International Shipping" in the drop down.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

"....OK, so you are agreeing that it's okay to select eBay International Standard Shipping as your shipping option and then actually use Pirate Ship Simple Export Rate to print the label...."

I ship to a customer in Australia about every 3 weeks...Due to covid delays and his impatience, he opted for UPS Worldwide Saver (3-5 Days)...

I use Pirateship for the labels and the associated packing slips/invoices (triplicate in the outer packet)

Just make sure you add the ABN Code somewhere on the parcel so customs knows it is 'prepaid'

Also, print the invoices and packing slips from the "Print Packing slip and more" dropdown from your "Paid and Awaiting Shipment" Screen dropdown next to item and enclose those inside the parcel. (they have the sales price, VAT and Total taxes paid itemized on them unlike the packing slip from the label page)

Then...DON'T FORGET to add the tracking number manually to the item in your "Paid & Shipped" Screen...

added: I use the "Rubber Stamp" boxes to add the ABN on the address form at Pirateship when I am filling out the address..it adds those "Notes" to the Label

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Sorry - I do not see a generic "Standard International Shipping" as one of the choices.  Only eBay International Standard Delivery, First Class and the more expensive Priority options.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply