cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pirate Ship Cost Adjustments?

Can anyone that uses Pirate Ship or any other similar instead of Ebay for their labels tell me if you see these bogus "cost adjustments" we are all experiencing? Is this an Ebay only thing?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

It may not be an eBay thing, but rather a FedEx issue

--------------------------
Malley
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Pirateship does not offer FedX (thankfully)

I have only used FedX sparingly, so I am not much help here....

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I use Pirate ship for all of my shipping and have never had any issues with label shortages or overages. I primarily use USPS Ground or Priority (domestic) and the International Simple Export rate. (overseas). 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@pcobra93 wrote:

Can anyone that uses Pirate Ship or any other similar instead of Ebay for their labels tell me if you see these bogus "cost adjustments" we are all experiencing? Is this an Ebay only thing?

As mentioned above @pcobra93 - this is a FedEx issue and Pirate does not offer FedEx. Someone from eBay posted earlier that eBay's aware of the issue and working on it, and there's even an alert on the help pages before you contact customer service that the issue is being addressed.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Hey everyone, please note that due to a FedEx invoicing issue the week of March 25, 2024, some sellers were incorrectly charged for FedEx label adjustments. We apologize for the inconvenience, and eBay will refund these amounts within the next 5 business days.

Kyle,
eBay
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Pirate Ship rocks. I use it for my day job and it has been awesome.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@pcobra93 wrote:

I have been using Pirateship exclusively for more years than I can remember. Bear in mind that the shipping cost adjustments come from the shipper - not eBay (although it seems that eBay is now saying that the recent FedEx charges were eBay's fault)

However, over the years I have had a few USPS price adjustments. Once in while I do admit it was my own fault. But on those others I filed an appeal and the appeal was approved and the charge was refunded.

Although PS offers UPS I do not usually use it so, for me at least, that is a moot point.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

This isn't just a today issue. Its been happening to me for months with never a single upcharge since I started using Fed Ex years ago. Item weight, size and everything is the same minus its slightly lighter because ebay uses ounces and fed Ex translates that into decimal lbs. I've contacted ebay numerous times about it, its been a known issue but nothing was ever done. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Are you referring to "carrier adjustments" that are found under reports section?  I've had several  (USPS) all from one area ( NYC) that are notorious for errors.  You can dispute them.  I've had  a total of 27 since the beginning of the year from the NYC area that claimed I was shipping w/ priority packaging when I did no such thing ( every item was  4 oz  and shipped sent inside 9 x 11 white, black or pink bubble mailers) .   I fought all 27 and won every single one.  The total I received back from USPS was 214.90!  

So tired of having to spend the time to dispute and having my money tied up! I involved my postmaster ( they have magic powers and have pics of all my packages) and my state rep.   My postmaster already knew about the NYC problem and took care of it.    Now 3 wks. w/o a carrier adjustment from NYC area.  Yay!  Approx. 29%

of my items from 4 platforms are shipped to that area, so this is a huge help.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply