cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel Select Lightweight

Does anyone use this? I started to learn a bit about it and it’s like opening Pandora’s box. I read that Stamps.com does offer this, I have stamps.com but don’t see that service enabled in the software with my account. Perhaps it’s something I need to call stamps.com about and have it set up? I don’t want to go through that hassle if I’m not going to utilize it.

I see the fee table for it on USPS site. It’s a bit overwhelming as I need to learn about what the DDU, DNDC, DSCF, 5 digit, NDC, SCF, mixed NDC all are and mean.

Does anyone who uses this can offer any insight as to if it’s worth it to learn? Are you able to just give them to a scheduled pick up or do you have to take them to specific PO locations yourself?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It's a service that has a lot of restrictions and I think you need pre-approval to use it. I'm pretty sure it's only for local shipments, in other words when you drop off at a service facility, the package has to have a destination address served by that facility.

Parcel min volume is 200 pcs or 50 lbs per shipment. Must be pre-sorted, special markings, manifested, dropped off at designated facility with no assistance from USPS unloading the pallets, follow a host of drop off procedures, among other rules and regs to use this service.

Here, I looked up the DMM link if you want to read more:

https://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/253.htm#ep2367179

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks.

6A3675A0-A8E2-47EB-8B90-74908C45848B.jpeg

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Yeah, what it mostly comes down to is volume and fulfillment. Volume needs to be high enough that the cost savings will offset the manpower and logistics involved. To my limited knowledge, it's best matched with companies that have a few warehouses across the US.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yea it really sounds like it. Oh well. It’ll probably be gone anyway by late July with the whole Ground Advantage hoopla right?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply