cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid for expedited shipping but got economy shipping instead

I paid extra for expedited shipping so that my package will get delivered in no time. In my experience my package usually gets delivered in 3 days time through expedited shipping.

However, the seller used economy international shipping even though I've already advised him that I paid for expedited shipping and wishes to use DHL. Instead he used China post which in my experience takes more than a month to deliver and often times gets lost.

I already informed the seller that he needs to refund my $30 USD but his only reply is that I should wait and that the package will get delivered fast.

What is the best way so I can have a refund for the payment I made for expedited shipping?

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Paid for expedited shipping but got economy shipping instead

When I say proof of delivery, I mean no online viewable tracking. That is what a seller must have in order to qualify for seller protection against an item not received case. The seller must have tracking viewable online that shows the item was delivered to you. The rule is the same no matter where the seller is located.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 16 of 35
latest reply

Did you pay for the expedited shipping through the listing? Then yes, a refund for INR if it doesn't turn up would include whatever shipping you paid

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 17 of 35
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:
Did you pay for the expedited shipping through the listing? Then yes, a refund for INR if it doesn't turn up would include whatever shipping you paid

Yes, I paid expedited shipping through the listing. Thanks for clearing that up.

Message 18 of 35
latest reply

@missjen316 wrote:
When I say proof of delivery, I mean no online viewable tracking. That is what a seller must have in order to qualify for seller protection against an item not received case. The seller must have tracking viewable online that shows the item was delivered to you. The rule is the same no matter where the seller is located.

Thanks, looks like i've got the upperhand now.

China post has a tracking number but it never updates its online viewable tracking. When I click on the tracking number it says nothing about the whereabouts of the package unlike DHL which shows you what is happening to the package step by step until it gets to your doorstep.

Message 19 of 35
latest reply

Hi everyone. I have exactly the same problem with a seller where i chose also the expedited shipping amd waited that the chinese guy will use DHL. Instead he used china post.

I would like to read the end of your story mate 🙂

I am frustrated also that i paid to get the item fast but instead i just have to sit and wair whether it even shows up 😞

Message 20 of 35
latest reply

Forgot to mention that the seller's list said that the item will be dispatched within 2 days of payment.

But he posted the item 7 days after the payment and as i wrote earlier he posted it with china post and not DHL.

After i emailed him for these 2 problems, he just answered "sorry the item was out of stock" and no comment at all for the DHL case.

Just brilliant! 🙂

Message 21 of 35
latest reply

Forgot to mention that the seller's list said that the item will be dispatched within 2 days of payment.

But he posted the item 7 days after the payment and as i wrote earlier he posted it with china post and not DHL.

After i emailed him for these 2 problems, he just answered "sorry the item was out of stock and shipping needs 35 days to arrive".

Just brilliant! 🙂

Message 22 of 35
latest reply

Sale date: 27 july
Expected delivery: 02 august - 09 august.
This is what my ebay says.
But seller says that shipping needs 35 days, ie september.
Message 23 of 35
latest reply

If it were me... When it arrives I would just open a return stating not as described.  Before anyone thinks I suggesting a scam here, I am NOT.  IMHO the shipping is as much a part of the description as the size or color.  If I paid an additional $30.00 for expedited shipping and it was sent slow boat from China, it is SNAD.  I wouldn't get into details of why it was SNAD in the case, I would simply say.... Does not match pictures or written description and leave it at that.  The seller of course will be unable to provide you a return shipping label and you can escalate once the time period has passed.

I'm not a lawyer, I don't even play one on TV

Blink Blink
Message 24 of 35
latest reply

Thanks a lot for this reply!

Lets say that i do that and open a SNAD case, i assume the seller will be unable to send me a reurn label. But what if ebay/paypal asks me to pay for the return postage?

Maybe you mean since i opened a SNAD, then the seller MUST send me a return label?

If the answer is that the seller must send me a return label and he will not, that means that i will get all my money back including that expedited shipping and the item will remain in my hands?

Should i open a SNAD case in ebay or paypal?

Thanks again for your reply and your time!

Alex

Message 25 of 35
latest reply

@alexandrosm2 wrote:

Thanks a lot for this reply!

Lets say that i do that and open a SNAD case, i assume the seller will be unable to send me a reurn label. But what if ebay/paypal asks me to pay for the return postage?

Maybe you mean since i opened a SNAD, then the seller MUST send me a return label?

If the answer is that the seller must send me a return label and he will not, that means that i will get all my money back including that expedited shipping and the item will remain in my hands?

Should i open a SNAD case in ebay or paypal?

Thanks again for your reply and your time!

Alex

eBay... If you open a SNAD on Paypal, YOU pay return shipping. 

You open the SNAD and the seller will be unable to send you a return label, they can offer to reimburse you for a return label but probably won't.  eBay will probably give 5 days for you and the seller to "work it out", at the end of the 5 days escalate it.

I'm not a lawyer, I don't even play one on TV

Blink Blink
Message 26 of 35
latest reply

Thanks a lot again!
Respect!
Alex
Message 27 of 35
latest reply

If it were me... When it arrives I would just open a return stating not as described.  Before anyone thinks I suggesting a scam here, I am NOT.  

Then what are you suggesting?

Once the OP opens a NAD return, the seller either has to pay for the OP to return it or they will have to give the OP the item for free. 

Message 28 of 35
latest reply

Hi Green-night.
I would like to read your suggestion 🙂
What would you do in my place?
I paid extra money for expedited shipping, but seller sent it with economy shipping which is much cheapier and ofcourse it needs 35 days tp arrive instead of 10.
I emailed him and asked nicely to refund me that expedited shipping which was nicely disagreed.

If you were in my place, you would just swallow it and throw your money in a dustbin?

What do you suggest?

Thanks,
Alex
Message 29 of 35
latest reply

If you were in my place, you would just swallow it and throw your money in a dustbin?

You tell me Smiley Happy -- if the item arrives mid to late Sept and it is "as described" with exception of advertised shipping...............Would you want to keep the item or return it?     If I wanted to keep it, I'd probably let it go and neg the seller.   You can also send the seller a money request via Payapl...wouldn't hurt to try. 

If you are only considering opening a NAD return in hopes of getting a freebie based on seller not being able to provide a label, I don't think that is right even given the circumstances.  JMO of course. 

Message 30 of 35
latest reply