cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid for expedited shipping but got economy shipping instead

I paid extra for expedited shipping so that my package will get delivered in no time. In my experience my package usually gets delivered in 3 days time through expedited shipping.

However, the seller used economy international shipping even though I've already advised him that I paid for expedited shipping and wishes to use DHL. Instead he used China post which in my experience takes more than a month to deliver and often times gets lost.

I already informed the seller that he needs to refund my $30 USD but his only reply is that I should wait and that the package will get delivered fast.

What is the best way so I can have a refund for the payment I made for expedited shipping?

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
2 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@ymeagainlord wrote:
Did you pay for the expedited shipping through the listing? Then yes, a refund for INR if it doesn't turn up would include whatever shipping you paid

Yes, I paid expedited shipping through the listing. Thanks for clearing that up.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 18 of 35
latest reply

@missjen316 wrote:
When I say proof of delivery, I mean no online viewable tracking. That is what a seller must have in order to qualify for seller protection against an item not received case. The seller must have tracking viewable online that shows the item was delivered to you. The rule is the same no matter where the seller is located.

Thanks, looks like i've got the upperhand now.

China post has a tracking number but it never updates its online viewable tracking. When I click on the tracking number it says nothing about the whereabouts of the package unlike DHL which shows you what is happening to the package step by step until it gets to your doorstep.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 19 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

What shipping method was given on the S&H tab of the listing page itself?  That would show whether you got what you paid for or not.  The "expedited" is just a bit of mumbo-jumbo and malarkey that eBay itself puts there.

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

The seller lists two options for Postage and Handling:

1. Free shipping for Economy International Shipping and

2. Additional $30 USD for Expedited International Shipping to my country

I have transacted with this seller before and have used expedited shipping. I paid $30 USD for expedited shipping and received my package in only 3 days. I gave instructions to the seller to use DHL.

This time I opted again for expedited shipping via DHL and paid the extra $30 USD. I gave instructions to the seller to use DHL informing him that I paid for expedited shipping but instead he used economy shipping. He shipped the package using China post which in my experience takes more than a month to delivery but most of the time packages dont arrive using this courier.

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

There is really nothing you can do.  You cannot force the seller to refund your money.  eBay will NOT get involved as long as the package arrives within, or right after, the estimated delivery date.  You can leave whatever feedback you wish to, but you should wait on that until the very end. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 4 of 35
latest reply

I paid $30 USD so that the package can be delivered in a couple of days (expedited shipping).

The seller used FREE SHIPPING, economy shipping via postal service. This takes months to deliver if I'm lucky but most of the time it just gets lost and never gets delivered. The postal service in our country is total **bleep**.

The seller obviosly cheated me and you're saying that there's nothing I can do about it. This is BS, there must be something to protect buyers from flaky sellers like this.

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

Believe me, I wish there was.  I strongly advise not buying anything from China (assuming that's where you bought your item from). 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 6 of 35
latest reply

I'm really **bleep** off! I feel like smashing something.

That's the last time I buy anything from this seller, I'll probably source this item stateside even if it costs more.

Anyway, am I still entitled for a refund? This package will never get delivered to my doorstep. The postal service in our country is very unreliable that is why I opted for expedited shipping. How long do I have to wait to ask the seller for a refund?

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

ebay does not get involved with shipping cost problems.

However, I believe you can file a case in Paypal's Resolution Center.  They do have an option for shipping discrepancies.  I believe you will have to wait until you actually receive the package.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

@dantemdiego01 wrote:

That's the last time I buy anything from this seller, I'll probably source this item stateside even if it costs more.

Anyway, am I still entitled for a refund? This package will never get delivered to my doorstep. The postal service in our country is very unreliable that is why I opted for expedited shipping. How long do I have to wait to ask the seller for a refund?

If the item does not arrive in the time frame stated on the listing (not from DHL but their service) then you can file an Item Not Received (INR) for a full refund..  However this seller is in China and Ebay is not always the best at enforcing the rules/policies against the Chinese sellers so I cannot tell you that you will definitely get your money back.  If it was a USA seller, Ebay would take the money from their Paypal account and it would be in yours very  quickly if they did not have proof of delivery from an online source.

From what I looked at it appears that most of their listings show delivery between Sept 9 and Sept 29.  I would guess yours would be in the same time frame but you should look at your purchase for the exact dates.

I wish you the best and hope the item arrives sooner rather than later.

David

Twnpopcards

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

@disneyshopper wrote:

ebay does not get involved with shipping cost problems.

However, I believe you can file a case in Paypal's Resolution Center.  They do have an option for shipping discrepancies.  I believe you will have to wait until you actually receive the package.

What if I never receive the package? I actually have 2 other packages that I have yet to receive. Both packages were also sent via China post and It has been more than a month now and counting.

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

@twnpopcards wrote:

@dantemdiego01 wrote:

If the item does not arrive in the time frame stated on the listing (not from DHL but their service) then you can file an Item Not Received (INR) for a full refund..  However this seller is in China and Ebay is not always the best at enforcing the rules/policies against the Chinese sellers so I cannot tell you that you will definitely get your money back.  If it was a USA seller, Ebay would take the money from their Paypal account and it would be in yours very  quickly if they did not have proof of delivery from an online source.

From what I looked at it appears that most of their listings show delivery between Sept 9 and Sept 29.  I would guess yours would be in the same time frame but you should look at your purchase for the exact dates.

I wish you the best and hope the item arrives sooner rather than later.

David

Twnpopcards

The seller has updated the "shipped icon" as shipped on August 26. I also see a tracking number which when clicked shows the carrier as China post and the status. It's been 2 days already and there is still nothing on the status field, no update. This is the same for my 2 other purchases from other sellers which was shipped through China post as well and which I am yet to receive (it's been over a month now). If this were DHL then the status would have been updated already.

The seller's listing for this item shows an estimated time of delivery between Sep 13 to Oct 5. If only the seller used DHL Express then I would be receiving my package by tomorrow.

What a rip-off! $30 USD for expedited shipping and China post was used. They should kick out these type of sellers from Ebay

Message 11 of 35
latest reply

Ebay will refund you whether the seller is in China or not! As long as there is no proof of delivery you will get a refund. It will probably come from Ebay's pocket not the sellers but you will get a refund.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 12 of 35
latest reply

"What if I never receive the package?"

File an Item Not Received complaint with eBay or PayPal.

You will get a 100% refund.

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

@sam9876 wrote:

"What if I never receive the package?"

File an Item Not Received complaint with eBay or PayPal.

You will get a 100% refund.

So that means that I have to wait until the 1st week of October and see if the package arrives and if it doesn't file an Item Not Received complaint?

Does the refund include the extra $30 USD I paid for expedited shipping?

Thanks

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

@missjen316 wrote:
Ebay will refund you whether the seller is in China or not! As long as there is no proof of delivery you will get a refund. It will probably come from Ebay's pocket not the sellers but you will get a refund.

When you say no proof of delivery does that mean that the seller cannot produce any documents to prove that the package got delivered? I think the seller won't be able to do that. Although China post has a tracking number, it doesn't update the status of the package wether it's moving/ getting delivered or not.

I have 2 other items from other sellers who used China post and it's been over a month now and I have yet to receive my package. When I check on the tracking number there is no update on the status of the package.

I paid extra $30 USD for expedited shipping so that I can receive my package in a few days time not a few months or not at all. So unfair.

Message 15 of 35
latest reply