cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing Slip Automatically Generates "Returns Accepted"

I'm not sure how many times this has happened to me but this is the second time I've caught eBay's generated Packing Slip to state that I (seller) accept returns.

Specifically states on the packing slip: "Return policy: Return accepted, item must be returned in 30 days. The buyer is responsible for return shipping costs."

All my listings state I do NOT accept any returns for the items I sell, barred from a few situational exceptions.

But in any case, do other eBay sellers get this misinformation? Anyone know why this happens?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Actually, You're right!

Based on your response, I checked out eBay's EIS page and it does indeed state that 30-day returns are offered on all items shipped through EIS. 

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 8.10.34 PM.png

That was the answer I was looking for. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't some sort of random glitch. 

Thank you! 🙏🏻

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Just checking:  But you do know that, per the MBG, if a buyer opens an item not as described case, you, the seller will be sending him a prepaid return label and then refunding in full when the returned item is received back by you? 

In other words, eBay's MBG for buyers overrides your "No Returns Accepted" stance. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I think its just a general statement.

You know of course  "no returns" does not means "no returns" if a buyer wants to return something in 30 days they can open a claim and do it. I don't know why eBay let's sellers do the "no returns" when buyers can.

I believe some authenticity guaranteed items are non-returnable unless the sellers accepts it.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

It should NOT state that as 'xxx days BUYER PAYS return shipping' is an Option that a seller can choose (the 30 Day MBG would NOT state that as the Seller pays for shipping if an item is opened as a 'Not As Described' or similar, which is the ONLY way a buyer can get a 'return for refund' through without seller being allowed to 'deny'). 

Did you, by chance, list the item using a previously sold item that allowed returns?

If not; ask reps at facebook (ebay for business)

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I realize obviously that a general rule is if items sold are not in the same condition described by a seller that the buyer has the right to a full refund no matter what the listing states (which was what I meant by some situational exceptions.) 

My point is that 99% of the packing slips generated from the items I sell do not contradict what is stated in my product listings. 

I keep all Order Detail and Packing Slip of all my sold items,  and I've just sifted through my archives. I've realized that "Return Accepted" only gets generated when items are being shipped out of country. But I'm still not sure why eBay would give more leeway to buyers outside of the US.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I thought if you are enrolled in EIS that you are required to accept returns.  Maybe I am mistaken. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Oops. I think I replied to the wrong post the first time.  I wanted to ask that if you are enrolled in EIS, selling outside of the US I mean,  don't you have to accept returns?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Actually, You're right!

Based on your response, I checked out eBay's EIS page and it does indeed state that 30-day returns are offered on all items shipped through EIS. 

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 8.10.34 PM.png

That was the answer I was looking for. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't some sort of random glitch. 

Thank you! 🙏🏻

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

You are welcome! Glad I could help.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

You should know that in fact you do take returns.    No such thing as no returns selling in this venue.

If a buyer say SNAD, the seller is gonna be sad.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@theswampsong 

If you don’t want to show any  sort of return policy on your packing slip you can change that the next time you print one.  In sellers hub all orders or awaiting shipment, click on print packing slip next to that item and then click on customize.  The choice of including your return policy on the slip can be unchecked, then press done.  That should apply to all orders going forward.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply