cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package mailed and delivered to freight forwarder. Buyer claims INR

Hello Sellers. I sold an item to a repeat buyer and mailed to address used by buyer.  Tracking showed delivered to "Front Desk/Receptionist/Mail Room"  August 7, 2023.  Buyer claims INR and opened a case.  I did some research and discovered the address is a "logistics" company and is basically a freight  forwarder.  As to the INR case filed, I updated tracking to show delivered. I found the forwarding company info on line and have been trying to contact the forwarder to confirm receipt of the item.  I called and left message and I tried to send e-mail.  No return call and email "is undergoing maintenance and cannot accept emails at this time. " How long does it take for ebay to review updated tracking ? Will it find in my favor ?  I remember a year or two ago it was not automatically a seller win when delivered to freight forwarder because someone at the forwarding company could steal it.  I read some community comments that said to "report buyer" and tell ebay that it is a forwarder. Report Buyer does not really give this as an option. What more can I or should I do ? Thank you.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Package mailed and delivered to freight forwarder. Buyer claims INR

Hey @boscobosco12 . When the INR allows you the option to ask eBay to step in, do it. Your tracking confirms delivery to the address on the order and that's all you need. System will close it in your favor shortly after you escalate.

No reason to contact the FF. Send a message to the buyer letting them know item was delivered to their freight forwarder by [carrier/tracking] on [date/time] and if they don't have their item yet they'll need to address it with their freight forwarder.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hi-- Thank you for your reply. I did "update tracking" and I did contact the buyer that item delivered  giving date and time. In fact he acknowledged that tracking shows delivered. But still says he did not get it.    I am still waiting for ebay to act.  I found out that  it goes to Serbia . I  think  the package may still arrive. Forwarding to Serbia, especially  if it is by snail mail, could take several weeks. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

If the INR was filed after the item was delivered then eBay won't act unless the INR is escalated (by you or the buyer). If neither party escalates then the INR will sit open for about a month before it closes out as no-fault.

I believe it's better to escalate and get it taken care of. Having it escalated and closed in your favor will also take care of neg FB and all that jazz.

A few days after the INR was opened you'll be able to escalate so when you see the option to ask eBay to step in, click on that, then put it behind you. Buyer will deal with their FF.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Freight forwarding...I had such a problem when buyer asked where is the item. I goggled my  buyer address and indeed it was a freight forward commercial building. So I sent a standard envelope which is rather small. Apparently, some items if small will wait at the place until there are enough of items to mail out all at one time.

My envelope was heading to Saudi Arabia. Your item might be waiting for other items to arrive before going to Serbia. 

I emailed my buyer and when I found out he didn't live in the USA...he ghosted me. This was months ago.

All I said was his address is not in the USA.

If you have tracking to the freight forward address and it was delivered...then you done your part.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Out of curiosity... With this being a repeat customer, did this person use the same address with other orders and subsequently receive them  without a problem?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@boscobosco12 wrote:

Hello Sellers. I sold an item to a repeat buyer and mailed to address used by buyer.  Tracking showed delivered to "Front Desk/Receptionist/Mail Room"  August 7, 2023. 

Buyer claims INR and opened a case.  I did some research and discovered the address is a "logistics" company and is basically a freight  forwarder. 

You've uploaded the tracking, and waited past the 3 business days, @boscobosco12.

Now you need to click Ask eBay to step in posthaste, and

1. the case will close

2. without a refund to the buyer

3. and feedback is blocked/removed if already left.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply