cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package got Forwarded by USPS, buyer is freaking out, what do I do?

Hi! I sent out a package a few days ago and when tracked, it says it got fowarded by USPS. However, I confirmed the address with the buyer and he claims he uses it for everything. I printed a label through eBay and therefore shipped to the address that eBay provided. I checked the address within the PayPal transaction and it is the same. What do I do here? Will I still have seller protection if he opens an INR? My gut tells me to sit and watch it for a few days more and see where it ends up. But what then? Thoughts?

It seems to me either the buyer used to live at the address, or maybe still does and uses a fowarding address for whatever reason. I also read this is a common scam by buyers to take advantage of the INR cases. That, or it is just a hiccup at the local PO and will get soretd out in a few days.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Does tracking actually have the word forwarded in it? Is the zip code where it was forwarded the original zip code where it should have been delivered.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Yes it says fowarded. It is supposed to be delivered to 14215 in Buffalo, NY. I attached a photo directly from the USPS site when I track it.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

My gut tells me to sit and watch it for a few days more and see where it ends up.

That is what I would do. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I believe if the package has been forewarded at the request of the buyer to an address not verified by the Pay Pal address that they loose the right to claim INR. I would call the P.O. who forewarded the package or call the USPS online number where you may have to be on hold for a long long time but see if you can get more details on the forewarding info.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

If th Buyer forewarded it to another address why would THEY be freaking out? just a thought. If they needed it sent to another address becuase they live there now, they would not be freaking out.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

They could possibly have put the wrong zip in their Pay Pal info. That really should not happen though because Pay Pal is suppose to verify the correct zip for that address.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply