cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM (From seller's perspective)

Hi all,

I've tried to research the forum and found many buyers concerned with not receiving an item that shows up as 

"PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM" on the USPS tracking website since February 22. However, as a seller who did his due diligence (printed the label via eBay and dropped off at my local post office) I'm concerned that the buyer has contacted me, letting me know that it's past the estimated delivery date. I had already noticed the tracking wasn't moving so I tried to file a claim online + went to my local post office but both the responses I received sounded like "YEah, COVID + the snow, just wait a little longer." 

I'm not sure how to proceed, as this has never happened to me before, I certainly don't want to receive negative feedback but I also don't want to lose money over this, if possible at all. Of course, the buyer deserves to receive either the package or their money back, but should I refund them right away (what if they do receive the package after all?) or let eBay do their thing? Shouldn't we be both covered by their buyer's protection policy? 

Any thoughts? Many thanks in advance

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM (From seller's perspective)

@glasser wrote:

My PO will scan pre-paids and the self serve machines have a scan option I believe under other services and you can get a reciept.

@glasser 

Ah grasshoper, one needs to read the screens carefully when they use that APC system!  {see attached}  Those are not "official scans" and essentially count for nothing!  I could have an insured package, scan it at the APC system and then walk out the door with it.  Of course file for the insurance.  So it has to get a scan at the counter or in the back room for the USPS to accept a package.  The APC doesn't cut it!

APC.jpgAPC - scan.png

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Re: PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM (From seller's perspective)

"USPS wont give you a receipt when you drop it off with a pre-paid label".  Yes, they do. I have done it for 7 years.  You wait in line, go to the counter, say "I'm just dropping these off", they scan them in, they ask "would you like a receipt" say "yes". There you go. If the buyer or ebay gives you conflict, scan that receipt to your PC and send it out in the trouble ticket.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply