cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opened Case against seller, Ebay sided with me and now seller not responding

I bought an iphone that the seller advertised as flawless. Upon recieving I could not set up the phone because it was icloud locked.  Emailed seller and he promptly responded and said it would get taken care of and it took 2 days to get icloud off.  Then I tried to put my SIM card in and it wouldn't work.  After 2 trips to T-mobile, the reps there told me the phone was "blocked" because there was an outstanding balance that the owner of the phone still needed to pay before it could be used.  I  even inquired whether I could just pay the balance that was owed if it was low enough and the rep said I could not do that unless I had access to the account info and they do not give that info out.  So, I again contacted the seller-a couple of times. And what do you know, he never responded.  So, I opened a case with Ebay.  And still no response from the seller. So, Ebay sided with me and sent me an address return label and upon the seller receipt of the phone, Ebay would refund my money.  I sent the phone and USPS tried to deliver, but the seller must not have been home at the time so they left a notice for the seller to reschedule a delivery.  He hasn't done that.  The phone has now been sitting at the post office for 1 1/2 weeks and USPS will send it back to me on the 15th if they have not heard from him. BTW, this seller has 100% feedback rating as a seller, although he doesn't sell too oftern. 

Now, I am just wondering what will happen with my refund because I feel that this seller is purposely ignoring this situation.  

Thank you.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You sent it, the seller did not pick it up, a notification was left for them. If and when it is returned to you Ebay should automatically give you your refund. You did your part, now the wait begins.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

You sent it, the seller did not pick it up, a notification was left for them. If and when it is returned to you Ebay should automatically give you your refund. You did your part, now the wait begins.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

You did not have to wait 1-1/2 minutes. Call eBay (link at bottom of this page) or Facebook or Twitter, point out the tracking, and get your forced refund: eBay considers any delivery problem as Delivered.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Call ebay to get your refund. The seller is responsible for picking the phone up. They tried to deliver it to the seller, so ebay should give your money back when you call them and have the tracking reviewed.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

You do need to take action.

Get your return tracking number.

Then call ebay and tell them that you sent the phone back but that the seller appears to be refusing delivery. 

Ebay Customer Service Representative will likely have your refund issued then.

They may ask for the tracking number, give it to them.

You should call them now.

And you get a free (if useless) phone when that is returned.

That is the penalty uncooperative sellers have chosen to pay.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

You're correct, if you just email them but calling will usually get it resolved. I had an incident where my item was miss delivered by usps (where? I have no idea) and had to do the leg work with usps only to find out they accepted it was their fault and would do nothing about it because it was not insured but to write a letter of at fault. Mind you the seller said it was delivered (yes, to a wrong house) because the tracking had said so and emailing ebay, they too said the same thing but reading their policy it stated you may receive a full refund if you did not receive the item nothing about miss delivered. The seller did try to offer me a partial refund but c'mon, you telling me to foot the lose? Any how, i submitted the usps letter to ebay and seller in an open case of full refund via email. Ebay sided with the seller and, internally, I was livid. So that day I called ebay and talked with a rep and after about 5min of explaining he was re-reading the usps letter back and i said, yup it was the postal service fault and that i never had physical possession of the product and he put me on hold, about 2 minutes, i guess to ask his supervisor for a reversal of the decision. Came back on and granted me a full refund. All this took about idk 2-4 weeks because you have to give usps time to do their investigation and i spent about a good week with the seller trying to have them ship a replacement but they wouldn't budge then said i had to pay for shipping anything to squeeze money out of me so they wouldn't have a total lose. I vowed to never buy from them again and stuck to it. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@ja-2149 wrote:

You did not have to wait 1-1/2 minutes. Call eBay (link at bottom of this page) or Facebook or Twitter, point out the tracking, and get your forced refund: eBay considers any delivery problem as Delivered.

that is a major ebay flaw that I think needs to be changed. it is one thing if the buyer returns the item and the seller refuses to pick it up, but there are cases where the buyer returns the item and it is lost in transit or damaged by the PO. in those cases, a forced refund from ebay is a problem that is no fault of the seller. I had one return go missing yet ebay still forced the refund. never got my item returned and lost the money. I was at no fault in that situation

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@ja-2149 wrote:

True.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@importparts123 wrote:

@ja-2149 wrote:

that is a major ebay flaw that I think needs to be changed. it is one thing if the buyer returns the item and the seller refuses to pick it up, but there are cases where the buyer returns the item and it is lost in transit or damaged by the PO. in those cases, a forced refund from ebay is a problem that is no fault of the seller. I had one return go missing yet ebay still forced the refund. never got my item returned and lost the money. I was at no fault in that situation

But neither was the buyer.  

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@dancin2nite wrote:

Now, I am just wondering what will happen with my refund because I feel that this seller is purposely ignoring this situation.  

Thank you.

Nothing.

When you escalate the case you'll end up with your money back and probably a phone that you can use to prop up a wobbly table leg.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply