cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okay, I really blew it

Doies anyone know what the best solution is for a dummy who has switched two orders and already has the ok from the parties to forward the items to each other?
Can I create a label on my end or do they have to do it and I just reimburse them?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Okay, I really blew it

Plan A: The buyers commit money up front and later get reimbursed.
The advantage is the distance, zones and cost would be the most correct if each buyer created their own labels.
The disadvantage is they may not have an account to print labels (eBay selling account, USPS, UPS or FedEx).
Plan B: A more elegant solution. You create labels and email them PDF files. You can look at the sales records for their email addresses.
The advantage is the buyers do not front any money or perform labor to create the replacement labels.
This disadvantage is the distance, zones and cost could be issues.
Regardless of who creates the labels, some buyers purchase by smart phone and don't have access to a printer. A trip to a retail counter may be necessary.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Okay, I really blew it

I would print the labels and send them to them. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Okay, I really blew it

Gotta luv anybody that has hockey in their ID....yes you can generate new and correct labels on your end and email them to each of the recipient..where they just print them off and remail them..I've never done this personally but I've had two buyers that have sent me the wrong pkg and I told them to "shoot me off the correct label and I would mail them..( I did snap a pic with the now correct label on pkg for them). For the actual procedure you may have to search because I've never physically done this.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Okay, I really blew it

You can print shipping labels for them, just make sure you change the ship-from zip code. You can leave your own return address as long as the ship-from zip code reflects where it's shipping from. If you don't have a 3rd party shipping provider you can go to paypal.com/shipnow to generate labels.

As long as you have honest buyers this will work out, but you do run the risk that at least one party won't hold up their end of the bargain.

The more expensive solution that avoids the above issue is to have the buyers return the items to you then you re-ship to the correct buyers.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Okay, I really blew it

@wastingtime101 wrote:

You can print shipping labels for them, just make sure you change the ship-from zip code. You can leave your own return address as long as the ship-from zip code reflects where it's shipping from. If you don't have a 3rd party shipping provider you can go to paypal.com/shipnow to generate labels.

As long as you have honest buyers this will work out, but you do run the risk that at least one party won't hold up their end of the bargain.

The more expensive solution that avoids the above issue is to have the buyers return the items to you then you re-ship to the correct buyers.

I've had this happen twice and this is exactly what I did except instead of emailing the labels, I just did screenshots and sent through ebay messages. As long as you have willing buyer it should work out.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply