cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notice how many sellers are having SNAD cases opened for no reason?

Go ahead and type in "SNAD returns" into the search and see the list of sellers who are encountering these same issues of buyers opening up SNAD cases on everything no matter what it is and for reasons that are rediculous and some are not even possible. But all that the buyer needs to do is click on the SNAD and then click Broken, then avoid you and never even tell you what's wrong and they will get their refund and might teven get to keep your stuff.

It's just that simple, no risk of anything, never a word needs to be said, the face not 1 single challenge, it makes no difference if you have a copmplete TERMS OR TRANSACTIOON posted that covers everything that has happened and the buyer has disregarded every aspect of your policy. ebay has no interest in what you have posted yet the have a disclaimer that says that "the selling is soley responsible for the listing" then how can ebay overrule what i have printed as terms of my trasnactions? When I say you have 48 hours to report any shippig damages, or I have a 14 day return policy, or how i record my items working as described and send a copy on disc along with my orders and keep a copy as proof showing the serial number and date on a tv guide which cannot be altered on a live broadcast, no stopping the camera all in 1 shot? How then can abuyer have my item for over 3 weeks and then open SNAD case when I specifically state that any Damaged items need to be described and pictures must be sent showing the damdges, if none are showing then a detailed description must be sent to me dirsctly. So how can a buyer opena case and say "broken" and then never reply to any mesdsages i sent asking what's wrong with it, i have nothing to work with.

I can't offer a partial refund if i don't even know what they are having problems with, If the buyer won't respond after 4 days that case should be closed. I send numerous messages in the returns area and diectly to their ebay messages and never heard anything back, I send a partial refund for $% based on what they said that's all i can offer. then within minutes the buyer escaltes the case and ebay sides with them? This item has a $50 shipping cost 1 way, i deserve to know what's wrong, it's in my sales terms of transaction that's posted right in my descriptionare! what gives ebay the right to ioverrule my terms? They even state to set up your terms, then jave another way to report buyers who don't follow your terms, but then they help them to not obey the rules!

Whatever you do no matter how you try to protect yourself ebay will not honor it, youwill be screwed at any moment by ebay and the buyer never has to tell you a single thing about how you are getting ripped off.

Ebay says that you should report them, do that and you geta defect for doing so, plus what good is reporting them, I still just lst $100 and the buyer mails an empty box back to me? so now what? That will go on a mark against teh buyer? SO WHAT? wheres my money and my item, Ebay says they have no way of knowing who's telling the truth, oh yeah what about the guy who refuses to reply to anything? what about the buyer who joined up the same day they bought my item? He's trustworthy and me selling here for 7 yaers cannot be trusted?

This is absured, I have proof on a video recording showing my items working, there's no report from the buyer within 48 hours telling me it was damaged and I want yo open an insurance claim with FED_EX and have them inspect the intem before they send it back to me, But ebay won't wait to get that set up before they automatically send the jerk a label at my expense. this is not fair to deny me the right for a 3rd party inspection to remove any doubt.

Ebay says that they rule in the buyers favor because they simply don't know, well then how can you even be involved since you already admitted you don't know, so why can't I have a 3rd party inspect it so you will know and you can stay out of my sales that are my sole responsibility as you stated? By sending the label without my permission is a violation, making a decision on my sales is a violation and not allowing me to have my items inspected is another then figure they are helping the buyer to comit fraud and if that buyer made acall to ebay and they advised them to open a SNAD case that's conspiring to comit fraud since they already klnow they will side with the buyer.

I have been saving all returns with screen shots of all txt, now I know why they only allow the screen that you type into to be so small. I have to take 14 screen shots to capture each post, i have to scroll down 1 tiny screen at a time and capture it 3 lines of test at a time, then piece it all together incase I need to show it in court Plus i kept all the full page captures to prove the pages are all real. I've been doing this for years and have enough evidence  saved up to prove my case. All show a very clear cut pattern of deception and aiding in fraud.

If you sell here and you're being bombarded by unfounded SNAD cases you need to start saving each one. I think there's a reason why this is happening. it may be exposed soon. I'll bet you are below average seller who fights SNAD cases or places calls to ebays Help. If I'm right just report in and say yes.

We'll see how many report in before they removev my post again.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Notice how many sellers are having SNAD cases opened for no reason?

Like the song says, you're everything I have lied to be, I can climb higher than a squirrel, because I'm beneath your wind.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

nice
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@zinda2010 wrote:

...Ebay says that they rule in the buyers favor because they simply don't know, well then how can you even be involved since you already admitted you don't know, so why can't I have a 3rd party inspect it so you will know and you can stay out of my sales that are my sole responsibility as you stated? By sending the label without my permission is a violation, making a decision on my sales is a violation and not allowing me to have my items inspected is another then figure they are helping the buyer to comit fraud and if that buyer made acall to ebay and they advised them to open a SNAD case that's conspiring to comit fraud since they already klnow they will side with the buyer...

A seller being able to have their own third party inspect items would never work. How would eBay make sure the inspection and inspector were aboveboard? There are quite a few dishonest sellers on the site, and there would be many more if given the chance.

No matter what, it still ends up your word and some unknown person's word against a buyer's.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I can agree with OP about the number of SNAD cases being opened lately.  I have been on ebay since 1998 and I can tell you that the last 2 years have been a nightmare.   I now get scamers who would claim the item was damaged and then refuse to submit it to the USPO for inspection/compensation and going after me for it.  Once I even found the exact item (different seller, same small town, state) for sale at a higher price!  I have no doubt it was the same item I sent out.  Sent a porcelain teapot to a buyer in perfect condition.  She opens a SNAD claiming the entire handle was broke off!  Not the pot, but the handle.  Request for pics show the handle clean off and no damage to the shipping box etc.  Told her it was insured and to take to USPO and file a claim with them.  Never heard back except that she did leave me GOOD positive feedback.  Figure that one out.

So, having had enough of that, and getting a brand new (I had purchased and never used) William-Sonoma table cloth (still sealed in bag) SNAD from a buyer 2 weeks after receiving it.  Claimed it was stained and showed pic with BIG red wine stain.  Was forced to take it back and pay for shipping both ways and the item was totally ruined even for resale as a used tablecloth.  I did fight that and won and got my return postage refunded, but was out the opportunity lost value and orig. shipping.  All pictures showed a brand new tablecloth.

My third and final experience with this ebay situation is an oriental bowl that I showed pictures from all angles.  I described it, didn't misrepresent it and stated that the buyer should check out all pictures as they were part of the description and help describe the item and show its conditoin.  That they would be getting the item shown as shown.  Here is the kicker...the moron opens a SNAD for item and claims that the damage is shown in one of my pictures (it is a little knick on the bottom foot of the bowl that was clearly shown).  The jerk even used my original picture as his proof!!

Ebay, with their new automatic system, which I did not sign up for but found out last night when I called ebay that you HAVE TO OPT OUT OF, sent the moron a label at my expense and I am getting the item back for no reason.

That is it, I am totally done.  I have gone out of my way to assist buyers, refunded extra shipping when the ebay calculator was way off (dummy me).  I check items again before sending to make sure they are okay.  My last sale was a Heisey vase; when I rechecked it, before sending an invoice to buyer, I found a very, very tiny flea bite so I notified the buyer and gave the option of cancelling the sale etc.  She was delighted that I let her know in advance.  I told her that she probably wouldn't even find it but I wanted her to know and that if she didn't want it she could return it at her expense.  Well, she was delighted with both the vase and its condition and the fact that I let her know B4 she paid.

Now I get this current jerk.  Sigh, DH and I are retired and do this to keep ourselves busy and to supplement our Social Security meagerly.  But enough is enough.

Buyers have learned that they can purchase antiques on approval, so to speak, and many buyers are dealers and will put an item out for sale in a store for 2+ weeks and if it doesn't sell file a SNAD and return it.

Yes, I know there are some lousy sellers out there, but I am not one of them.

So, when our store account expires later this year we are leaving.  We are no longer going to put up nice items because it seems those are the ones we get scammed on.  It is sad that these scummy scammers can hurt you with feedback, but there is nothing you can do to alert sellers about them and that is pretty one sided.

Oh well, will have to go back to having a booth in a mall.  Heck, even with breakage and the shrinkage there I didn't lose as much as I am on ebay.

BUT, the ebay rep mentioned that ebay is aware of this "scummy scammers" problem and is making changes.  Yes, I'm sure it will be something else that will require me to pay more money.

I will say here, that I have fought most of these SNADS and have at least gotten my return shipping costs back.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

eBay totally screwed me in the same way.  The truth is, eBay is not a normal company;  they are a rip off company.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply