cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not as Described is License to steal

My photos and description showed 1 item, buyer said 2 items were to be shipped and opened a case as dosen't match description or photos. 2 ebay phone calls later and they both agree I am right and the buyer is totally wrong, but I lose this case. I pay returns and full refund for buyer Fraud! Ebay Allows Fraud!!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Not as Described is License to steal

After the item is returned, appeal to eBay to refund the return shipping charges.   If you have opened a case, and lost, then also appeal to have the seller defect removed.

eBay is enabling abuse of the Money Back Guarantee and the policies that we have all agreed to follow, so they should be the ones absorbing the cost.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I totally agree

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I recently had a appeal found in my favor on a not as described case.

When I lost the case they took the full amount of the sale but when the case was reversed thru the appeal they only refunded less than half the original amount.

Ebay is turning into a pack of thieves.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

i HAVE LOST ALOT OF SALES DUE TO THIS RETURN CHOICE, ITS SAD INDEED ITS A LEGAL WAY FOR ANYONE TO SCAM A SELLER EBAY SHOULD RE-THINK THEIR CHOICES HERE IVE ARGUED AND SHOWED PROFF MANY TIMES THAT THE BUYER LIES BUT THEY DONT CARE

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I have a case where a buyer purchased a pair of waterproof hiking boots that lace up. A month later wants a refund as claims the boots are faulty and leaking. I asked for photos and it is clear that she has been walking in water and mud that covers the entire foot of the boot, thus allowing water/mud to get inside the boots. Our return policy is 14 days, buyer pays return ... After 3 attempts to get a response from the woman all I am getting is repeated Refund requests ...

It is unfair that someone who has clearly misused an item can then claim it is faulty ...

Ebay is great for the main, but when it comes to 'buyers' misusing or making false claims there seems to be very little support for the seller!!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

All are 100% correct. I think the returns under the guise of MBG for the free use of an item at the expense of the seller are the thing that gets my hackles raised the most right now. We are trapped is a scheme not of our own making....arrrgh!

Need beer!

Cheers
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

you have to accept it.  License to Steal (or rent for 29 days) increases buyer confidence.  

Message 8 of 8
latest reply