cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option for choosing Fed Ex on shipping label page

Hi everyone! I'm having a little problem with the shipping label page. I sold an item that needs to go through Fed Ex. When I checked the eBay shipping label page, it won't let me choose Fed Ex. It only has USPS or UPS options. The label page has completely changed also, it looks completely different. It's showing 'Fed Ex Home Delivery' as the top choice (which the buyer chose as the method and I need this method because any other method will be way too expensive), but the Fed Ex line is marked out, it's not showing a price and no way to purchase the label through Fed Ex. 

I checked another order to see if it was just this particular label, and I'm getting no Fed Ex option on the 2nd order label page either. 

Anyone know what's going on? 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Hi - I have a problem today also with the bulk shipping labels.  But it's different.  I'm a media seller and all my USPS options are gone from the pull down menu of choices.  Only the new UPS options.  No FedEx either.  Major glitch I think.  

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I hope they get this fixed asap. I need to buy the label tonight cause the package goes out tomorrow. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I just posted about this problem on the Ebay for Business Facebook page.  Maybe that will call some attention to it.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I sent a package today. It showed USPS, UPS and FedEx. No problems.

FedEx Home Delivery is what you want. FedEx Ground is ONLY for commercial addresses. So if the computer recognizes it as a residential address then FedEx Home Delivery IS the right choice.

Notice that there are 3 buttons rught under the weight and size info, one each for USPS UPS and FedEx. Click the button.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Richard, FedRx ground is missing from the new shipping label options. This has been missing for at least 5 days. I had two orders going to the global shipping center which is a commercial business address and there is no longer an option for FedEx ground available to ship those with. I have been reporting it every day for the last five days and as of today it is still missing. I had to use FedEx home delivery to send both packages from 2 different accounts.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@mvls1 

This is what I see today 9/14: And further down (I didn't bother to copy it) are FedEx overnight and FedEx

express.

But you have to actually CLICK on the FedEx button for the FedEx options to show:

FedEx.jpg

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Oh, and one more thing. At the bottom of whatever list you get will be a link "Compare all services". Click that to expand the list and show additional options.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@richard1rst 

That is what I have also, but there should also be an option for FedEx ground that is less money than FedEx home delivery and is only available for business addresses. We have always had that option with previous versions of the shipping label page. It is just another bad programming job and no proper testing before moving us all into it. Meanwhile sellers just end up paying more for shipping than necessary. The worst part is how long we may have to wait until they get around to fixing it.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@mvls1 

FedEx Ground is for commercial addresses only. If the computer recognizes the address as a residential address then Ground is not available. I don't ship that much by FedEx but I would be willing to say that if the shipping address was a Commercial address then Ground would be available.

If in the past Ground was always available I would be willing to say that if you used Ground for a residential address then FedEx added the upcharge when the package was processed. In other words, just because you saw the Ground price doesn't actually mean that you GOT the Ground price. The added fee would simply be added to your eBay bill.

I suspect they have simply made the destinction more visible.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@richard1rst

I wish that were true. Been shipping to the EBay Global Shipping center in Kentucky, a commercial business address, for years. Always had FedEx ground available. That is no longer the case. I am aware that FedEx ground is only available for commercial addresses and that I would be charged a surcharge if used for a residence. I have checked this by trying to create another label for a previously shipped item that went to a known commercial address and I get the same thing. FedEx ground does not come up as an option. Those idiots forgot to include it on the new label.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

We have noticed that if you ship a Laptop with Battery you need to change it to a hazardous ship and there is no other choice offered but to ship USPS. No FedEx or UPS is offered through eBay. Does anyone know why?? The traceability in USPS is lacking in every sense of the word compared to Fedex or UPS. This new AI help system that eBay uses is a JOKE! No help at all on this matter anyhow!

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply