cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Access to Delivery Location.

Why do buyers place orders and not have a place for the mail carrier to deliver their purchases? 
This is the second order I’ve sent out that there was no access to deliver at the buyers  location. 
According to MBG if the buyers open an INR will I win due to the attempted delivery am I reading that right? On the first order the MBG window has already closed. Haven’t heard a peep from the buyers.

PO took 2 days longer to attempt delivery than the estimate said. 

0EE4C1F0-D394-47F3-BAEC-64176270C169.jpeg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No access to delivery location could also mean that it's being sent to a work location and being a Saturday, the business might be closed. 

As for the first buyer, never poke a sleeping bear! You can be sure that if he hadn't received it, you'd have heard. 

If a buyer does open INR and tracking shows an attempted delivery or no access, you do have protection. It's considered delivered in ebay's eyes.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The lack of access could be something temporary that the buyer could not anticipate, such as a road closed due to bad weather or a downed tree. Or a neighbor had a big party and somebody parked in front of their roadside mailbox.  Usually the carrier will try again.  Unless the obstacle is something that won't change, like an aggressive dog between the road and the mailbox.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect 

That makes sense, the first order shipped early February has never updated it still says No Access to delivery location..it’s been over a month. I’m assuming the buyer received their item and the postal carrier just didn’t scan it as delivered. I haven’t heard anything from them about not receiving their item. 
My question.. would eBay find the case in my favor if an INR should be filed for this since delivery was attempted? 
Just looking for clarification on that. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

No access to delivery location could also mean that it's being sent to a work location and being a Saturday, the business might be closed. 

As for the first buyer, never poke a sleeping bear! You can be sure that if he hadn't received it, you'd have heard. 

If a buyer does open INR and tracking shows an attempted delivery or no access, you do have protection. It's considered delivered in ebay's eyes.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I wouldn’t dream of poking any bear asleep or otherwise. Lol. 
 @albertabrightalberta  I thought I was reading that correctly. Thank you for clarifying that for me.  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi everyone,

This thread has been closed at the request of the OP.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply