cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New label doesn't allow USPS insurance

While shipping a package this morning, I came across this fiasco. The new shipping label page only allows the expensive ShipCover insurance; not the free $100 coverage provided with all USPS Priority and Express packages. I had to roll back to the old system to use it.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: New label doesn't allow USPS insurance

I noticed that certain Priority Mail boxes were not included on the packaging type. There are Regional and Flat Rate options, but the PM boxes by weight are not listed. Then we have to manually enter the dimensions of every box that is provided by the USPS. I think, like many other "new features", ebay rushed it out before it was ready to be used by those of us who depend on these services to do our jobs.
Message 16 of 21
latest reply

@ sam9876
I don't know if you're being facetious with your question, but sellers who want to protect themselves from fraudsters claiming an item wasn't received or was damaged will use insurance if they're planning to be in business for any length of time. Fraud can destroy a small business in a surprisingly short time span.
Message 17 of 21
latest reply

The exact dimensions of each Priority Mail box is not important.  Just enter 8x8x8.

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

"sellers who want to protect themselves from fraudsters claiming an item wasn't received or was damaged will use insurance if they're planning to be in business for any length of time"

Insurance doesn't protect you against fraud.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

The point is that there should be options so we don't have to enter anything at all. Again, this looks like one of ebay's rushed implementations that could have used just a few more days' work in the design department by people who actually ship things for a living.
Message 20 of 21
latest reply

They have now taken the option  away completely to use USPS  insurance. They  want everyone to purchase Shipcover Insurance even when say in all of your listing that the item will ship by and be covered by USPS insurance and the Buyer pays for it with this understanding.  If you roll back to the old system to purchase it, it says Free Delcon USPS FREE.  BUT be aware - INSURANCE DOES NOT SHOW UP ON THE LABEL AND IT IS NOT INSURED.   I've had 3 different reps at eBay look at the USPS tool they use and confirm there is insurance on 3 different labels now and it is not insured through USPS.  You need to go to the post office and purchase insurance separately.  

Message 21 of 21
latest reply