cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New eBay International Shipping Dead on Arrival

I took one look at the new eBay International Shipping and as far as I am concerned it is dead on arrival.

I am not going to wait to get payment till the package arrives. It can easily take weeks or months if history is to be believed for the package to arrive. I am not going to sit around and wait for payment this long.

I will switch all my items over to USPS First Class International shipping.

Peace, Duane Bass

(1st Armored Division 1971 - 73)

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: New eBay International Shipping Dead on Arrival

@nky-photos wrote:

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/resources/seller-updates/2022-fall/shipping

@nky-photos  in typical eBay fashion it appears the people writing the bullet points for the update didn't talk to the people who actually created the program....they've since clarified.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/2022-Fall-Seller-Update/eBay-International-Shipping/m-p/33253697#M182

To help address the question about payout timing,  we have confirmed that payouts will be handled the same as they are with GSP and current domestic orders.

Following a transaction, it typically takes 1 day from confirming the buyer’s payment for the sales proceeds to appear as Available for payout, unless the transaction was placed on hold, in which case it may take longer. If your transaction was placed on hold the release time can vary depending on your selling history, performance or to address any open disputes.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 13 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I totally agree with you.  I stopped selling internationally years ago.  Ebay needs to revise this program.  I propose that Ebay pays the seller immediately and then they wait for the item to arrive and then , ebay gets their commission.....

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

>>>"In addition to maintaining all of the great benefits offered in the Global Shipping Program"<<<

This is a lie then apparently. 

I don't know about you but some of my GSP packages take a month or more to arrive. No thanks!

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@nky-photos 

I am not going to wait to get payment till the package arrives. It can easily take weeks or months if history is to be believed for the package to arrive. I am not going to sit around and wait for payment this long.

What are you talking about? Where does eBay say you won't receive funds until package is delivered?

I've glanced over eBays description and missed this- eBay implies payment will be made similar to the Global Shipping Program (after payment received from buyer).

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

You need to re-read the details.

Ebay will hold your funds till the item is delivered on their new shipping service.

Peace, Duane Bass

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Capture.JPG

Peace, Duane Bass

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@nky-photos wrote:

Capture.JPG

The current "How it works" section in eBay Help skips the part about holding payment until delivery.

eBay International Shipping | eBay

What does "we'll handle return requests on your behalf" mean?

Something like: "We've accepted the buyers return request and deducted the refund amount from your account - no need to thank us" - eBay?

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

What happens if package does not arrive.

The old solution was to file a claim and get my money back after the customer got theirs.

Here I am waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting to get paid for how long...

Peace, Duane Bass

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

What does "we'll handle return requests on your behalf" mean?

Something like: "We've accepted the buyers return request and deducted the refund amount from your account - no need to thank us" - eBay?

No. I recommend reading the actual news release.

"How will international returns be handled?

We recognize that international returns can be a hassle, so well handle them on your behalf. 

When a return is opened, well provide the buyer with a return label to ship it back to a consolidation center. Upon receipt of the return, well refund your buyer and you get to keep the sale.

Youre protected from neutral or negative feedback, and we will remove any related defects, including opened cases in service metrics. See eBay International Shipping terms and conditions for more information."

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@nky-photos wrote:

Capture.JPG

@nky-photos 

Could you please give a link for where you see that info.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Peace, Duane Bass

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

The Global Shipping Program has always been trash for buyers, too.  The fact that it's proving to be bad for sellers as well is no surprise to me.  

I've never had a GSP package arrive sooner than 30-40 days, and often they've taken 90 or more.

Every single one of the packages has been badly damaged.  Sometimes the contents were fine, but often they were not.

Plus the GSP costs 2-3 times other tracked services.

I just refuse to buy from sellers who don't offer a better alternative.

I can easily imagine buyers being angry at the seller for packages taking as long as the GSP takes, too, so that can't be healthy for their feedback scores, I'm sure.

Ebay needs to revamp this whole global shipping system they have.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@nky-photos wrote:

@nky-photos  in typical eBay fashion it appears the people writing the bullet points for the update didn't talk to the people who actually created the program....they've since clarified.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/2022-Fall-Seller-Update/eBay-International-Shipping/m-p/33253697#M182

To help address the question about payout timing,  we have confirmed that payouts will be handled the same as they are with GSP and current domestic orders.

Following a transaction, it typically takes 1 day from confirming the buyer’s payment for the sales proceeds to appear as Available for payout, unless the transaction was placed on hold, in which case it may take longer. If your transaction was placed on hold the release time can vary depending on your selling history, performance or to address any open disputes.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply