cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Label and Back to Classic workaround

If you don't like the new label printing like almost every seller here on ebay there is a way to get back to the old classic label printing. When you are in the label printing on the new label just go to the url at the top of the page and delete new_label and substitute the following before the ? in the url-   back_to_classic

you will be taken back to the classic label printing that we all loved. 

Don't forget to give ebay your negative opinion of the new label printing, who knows, they might listen if enough complain, it would be a first time they listened to the sellers whom they depend on for their paycheck.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: New Label and Back to Classic workaround

BLESS YOUR HEART for this!!! A thousand thank-you's!!!

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

OMG YOU ARE MY SAVIOR!!!

THE NEW LABEL PRINTING KEPT GIVING ME SO MANY ERRORS WITH ALL THE LABELS SUCH AS "INTERNAL ERROR"

I HAD TO SPEND AN HOUR ON THE PHONE WITH EBAY FOR THEM TO 'GENERATE' THE CLASSIC LINK FOR ME.

NOW, WHENEVER I HAVE ISSUES I CAN COPY PASTE A FEW WORDS IN.

THANK YOU SO MUCH HAVE AN AMAZING LIFE!!!!!

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

YES! -  back_to_classic  - worked for me.

Thank You. All my international labels kept getting "Error creating label: Label could not be generated. Internal error."

Frustrating. Ebay support told me that firefox was not supported. Tried it in another browser. Same thing. Classic workaround is only fix.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

11-04-2019  -  Workaround is no longer functioning.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

@id.printers wrote:

11-04-2019  -  Workaround is no longer functioning.

newman.jpg

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Yup, takes you right back to the new_label link.  Sucks.  The still haven't fixed the FedEx label orientation, still claiming that it's "working as designed" and being able to print in landscape as we did with classic labels is a low-priority "enhancement".

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

It is not working for me either, I have to print on scratch paper, put it on my copier and copy to a label. It is horrible. 😞
Message 9 of 20
latest reply

eBay if you're paying any attention to this issue (which I doubt) you should know that this printing issue is not just an inconvenience to sellers .... because labels are printing out wrong many sellers are printing onto plain paper and then using transparent tape to tape them to boxes.   Because of this labels often do not scan properly or the tape will often adhere to other boxes in the FedEx drivers truck and the label becomes damaged or lost entirely. This results in delayed and lost packages and upset customers.    The best case scenario is that the box arrives at a customer's doorstep and looks very unprofessional.  eBay

doesn't need any help in appearing like a substandard venue in today's marketplace why don't you fix this simple issue!! 

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Well **bleep**. The workaround no longer works. I had found a post giving this formula to be able to put a link on my toolbar to click on every time without having to type in "back_to_classic" but it doesn't work either:

javascript:(function(){if(location.href.indexOf('https://gslblui.ebay.com/gslblui/new_label?')==-1)return;window.location.href='https://postage.ebay....);})();

Any NEW suggestions would be very appreciated!

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

It was great while it lasted, but now when I type in back_to_classic it redirects me back to the awful new label 😞  This changed over a month ago, I'd say. 

As for me, I've had a horrible glitch with the new label, and that is between midnight and 3 am Eastern Standard Time, I can't get the label to print the day I choose for it.  If, say, it's Sunday night like now, and I have orders that need to go out tomorrow, I have to wait until morning to print them out or wait until 3 am when Pacific Standard Time will also say that it's Dec. 30, 2019.  If I try, either the 30th isn't showing at all in the drop down menu, or else it says it will print on Monday, but time after time when I actually print it, what comes out on the label is entirely different.  It will still say that it's the 29th, and if it's priority mail, it'll say on the printed label that it is supposed to get there a day earlier.  This horror has been going on for over a YEAR now, and no matter how many times I may report this to Seller Support, NOTHING ever gets fixed!!  Now I can't even have the option to go back to the classic!!

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

I haven't been able to print a fedex label in over a month, just gives me an a message "internal error". many calls and support tickets and no help. Tried from mac, PC.. every flavor of browser.. cleared cache..cookies.. IOS app, Android.

Frustrating as I ship large packages and Fedex is like half versus Priority mail.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

I think anymore I'm going to ship by PayPal labels between those glitch hours of midnight to 3 am.  I'll get the same discount (commercial rate) being I'm not a top rated seller anymore (but working back to it).  Sorry about your Fedex woes, but I haven't used them yet for the kind of inventory I sell.  Have you had (or heard of someone) this glitch happen to you too between those hours if you're on the east coast, or anywhere east of the west coast for a certain time period?

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

use pirateship.com. Free service, imports info from ebay, posts tracking number to ebay. Customer service within responds within a few hours (during business hours), but you won;t need them, no glitches, Have been using the for about a year, printed almost 1,200 labels. Never a problem printing a label. Never looked back to ebay or Paypal. And check their international rates, 30% cheaper than anybody else.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply